The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. GaryAyala

Brea Jazz Festival 2014 - Derek Bordeaux

Thanks.
  2. GaryAyala

WHS Urinetown

Whitney High School's 2015 production of Urinetown. Cerritos, California All photos shot with Fuji XT1: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
  3. GaryAyala

I Just Got Me a Film Camera

Yep, I agree. I need to learn how best to expose for the scanner and how to best scan for PhotoShop. I think I'll ultimately get it. Gary
  4. GaryAyala

The Peace March

:)
  5. GaryAyala

The Peace March

You gave your students wise words Mike. While money was certainly the motive for the robbery ... i think it was pride and insult which caused Andy to respond with anger instead of good and common sense. Thank you for your comments. Gary
  6. GaryAyala

The Peace March

Thank you.
  7. GaryAyala

The Peace March

Thank you Alan.
  8. GaryAyala

The Peace March

A friend owns a Doughnut shop in one of the poorer sections of Los Angeles. They were robbed and my friend's brother wrestled with the robber and was fatally stabbed. The community organized a Peace March as both a stand against violence and in memory of Andy Ung. #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6...
  9. GaryAyala

I think I need to play with exposure/development to get a neg that will behave well with SilverFast. I gotta get a spot meter.
  10. GaryAyala

First attempt. While I am not very happy with the results, I realize that I am very low on the scanning learning curve. #1 Fujifilm 680III w/ Tri-X @ ASA 400 scanned with the Epson v850. Gary
  11. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

oooohhhh ... Morro Bay. What's not to love about the Central Californian Coast.
  12. GaryAyala

Across Java

I think your captures certainly made this a worthwhile trip.
  13. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

Whatcha gonna shoot?
  14. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

Thanks Jorgen. I think my 'Expedition' backpack is about that size.
  15. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

I'm strapping it. I use a rather large backpack for the accessories. Those lens boxes take up a lot of room. I'm looking for some padded bags for the lenses. Strapping the camera isn't very practical for hikes and such. So I need to work on a better solution. I have a very large, waterproof...
  16. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

As we know the 680 is one heavy sucker. One of the fitting slipped out today, but it may have been because it wasn't fully engaged. I did a lot of walking around and some climbing on some rocks with no problems after I reconnected the fitting.
  17. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

Yes! Option "B" does work. A tight fit, but it works without any modifications. straight out of the bag. A rather ugly strap, but $27 beats $200. It has quick disconnects, so replacing the strap with something a bit more suave will be easy. Gary OP/TECH USA Super Pro Strap
  18. GaryAyala

Across Java

Great stuff rayan. Well done. Carry-On!
  19. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

I been using these to connect to a strap. It works, but I don't have a lot of confidence that the loops will not loosen up and slip off. I use the strap very carefully. If I didn't have the other strap coming, I'd jimmy-up a clip/clasp/tie to keep the loop from loosening.
  20. GaryAyala

GX 680III Update

I just printed Burk's chart. Thanks for the link.