The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Richard Osbourne

FS: Mint Cambo T/S Mount Rodenstock 40HR and 60XL Lenses

I bought these 2 beauties in the UK in June 2015. All I've done is a few test shoots with them - and decided that a bigger technical camera system isn't the way I want to go. As you can see from the photos they are in absolutely mint condition. Both are simply stunning lenses - their reputations...
  2. Richard Osbourne

Cambo Wide DS For Sale

Cambo Wide DS Technical Camera, Mamiya/Phase One Fit Excellent condition apart from a few small paint blemishes. Recently serviced by Cambo and in perfect working order. Images here: Richard Osbourne Art Images | Cambo Wide DS £1,400 ono This is an amazing camera for landscape or...
  3. Richard Osbourne

Nikon D800e + Lenses For Sale

Used about 10 times for testing, I bought this Nikon setup in January 2013 as a backup for my Phase One system. It's not for me though - I'm keeping my Canon system instead. Link to all images here: Richard Osbourne Art Images | NIKON D800 8-13 Nikon D800e Mint condition, boxed, 2,800...
  4. Richard Osbourne

IQ260 at Focus on Imaging Yesterday

Looks like I was one of the first to see this guy yesterday. I've also seen raw files from it and they are startling. I could see absolutely no noise - I mean zero noise, even in deep shadow areas, and even on 1 hour + exposures. Really, ZERO noise! The images were taken with the DF+ so I...
  5. Richard Osbourne

Cambo Wide DS Serviced - Excellent Results!

Chris Ireland at Direct Digital Imaging in the UK arranged for my Wide DS and Shneider 24XL and 35XL lenses to be sent to Cambo for a service. The whole camera needed a bit of TLC and the lenses were producing some strange results - the 24 was soft on one side and the 35 was ghosting badly...
  6. Richard Osbourne

Mamiya 55 F2.8 AF - How does it handle flare?

Currently using the old MF 55 lens and it's actually pretty good - sharp across the frame at F16. But it's handling of flare when pointed at the sun leaves a lot to be desired. I'm using it for panoramas so don't need AF. Here's an example: Richard Osbourne Art Images | Latest Panoramics |...
  7. Richard Osbourne

Capture One 7 - It's doubled my MPixels!

Despite crashing my machine a few times - bugs don't seem to have been entirely ironed out - the new C1 is doing amazing things with my raw files. I was thinking of upgrading my P45+ to a P65 but, frankly, C1 has done it for me - the files are spectacularly more detailed. The images look like...
  8. Richard Osbourne

Comparison Shots - P45+, D800e, 5DII

I had to find out what all the fuss about the D800 was so a couple of weeks ago I went up to Warehouse Express and compared a D800e with my 5dII and Cambo DS with P45+ back. This was a quick and dirty interior test so didn't reveal as much as shooting a landscape might. I used the 17-40 on the...
  9. Richard Osbourne

My Journey from 35mm Digital to MFD and a Technical Camera

Hello GetDPI Folks! I've been a lurker for a while, wondering whether to move from my Canons. All your contributions have been immensely helpful in the maze of technicalities - thanks to all of you. I figured I could give something back, so here's an account of my recent journey from 35mm...