The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Lumix Ambassador Annie GRIFFITHS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBi--_OdndY After reading of her in a local mag., I investigated, and she shows some lovely things (in various videos). As best I could judge by images, she started with Nat. Geographic w/Nikon, then shows up w/Canon, then Nikon again (? : the gold-lettered strap...
  2. D

Re GetDIP Continuation : 2 B or Not 2 B

For those who like me can miss top-banner important info, I thought I'd post a notice here re grave news re this forum. As one would expect, many regulars don't want to take this lying down --see the thread in Site forum. :)
  3. D

GetDPI Continuation : To Be or Not To Be!?

For those who like me can miss top-banner important info, I thought I'd post a notice here re grave news re this forum. As one would expect, many regulars don't want to take this lying down --see the thread in Site forum. :)
  4. D

Re GetDPI Continuation: 2 B or Not 2 b

5. D

NB : Discussion of GetDPI Continuation!

6. D

Viewing "Viewing" Counts --wow, 303 for m4/3?!

Just as a crude/dubious feel for folks' interest, I usually look over the Viewing counts per several forums : "Oooo, m4/3 is > Leica & Fuji, but < Sony." (For a while a year or so ago, Sony seemed to often top popular MF, which is the usual move-views one to my awareness, by good measure.)...
  7. D

MF vs. 135("FF"), 7yrs post D800 debut?!

As today's B&H news introduces the Sony A7rIV's 61mpx body, I went looking for an old thread posted I think in the Sunset Bar(?) some years ago about how 12mpx was enough. I didn't find that thread, but another one, of this forum, which it might be fun to re-read and compare with the current...
  8. D

Doug Mills (NYTimes) re A9 ("game changer")

I was impressed when Brian Lamb in his Q&A C-SPAN interview asked to hear technical details from NYTimes long-time photojournalist Doug Mills. Here is a short clip of that. Doug Mills Switches Sony a9 | User Clip | C-SPAN.org -d.
  9. D

4/3 Forum Topping Views! (?)

I always to a little competitive check of Viewing counts among the forums here, to see how m4/3 ranks --mainly vs. Leica, Nikon. Sony once was usually on the verge of topping MedFormat, but w/MF mirrorless, ... not so much. But tonight, . . . 4/3rds Cameras(58 Viewing) Includes Micro 4/3rds...
  10. D

A Glowing Review of E-M1.2 (as noted in other forums)

Might as well post the URLink here. Seems like this fellow has a respected view of the E-M1.2 and does a good job using it. Olympus OM D E-M 1 Mk II review - or how can you win, when everyone else thinks that you have lost… :)
  11. D

RIP: William Christenberry, Martha Swope

Two who passed on either side of the years' divide (11/30 & 01/12). https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/arts/design/william-christenberry-dead.html?_r=0 https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/12/arts/design/martha-swope-88-who-etched-dance-and-theater-history-in-photographs-dies.html It is of course a...
  12. D

Will the other M-P be re-named "Slip"?

Leica announces special edition M-P in red table tennis bat rubber: Digital Photography Review It's been a lonnnnnnng time since I was more intimate w/ping-pong rubber(s), and so I did a quick --well, it was expected to be, but ... (wow!)-- check on the state of the practice, and, yes, there...