The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Sigma DP-2 Merrill images

Thanks, it was a little luck, I have only a few seconds to react to shoot this shot, the only 1 of 2 made, with the monk happened to turn his head with the pagoda reflected on his glasses
  2. P

Sigma DP3M

Purple umbrella - another Sigma DP3M shot from above the Madison Square Park, New York, ISO 100, f/4.5, 1/400s BR Pingang
  3. P

Sigma DP3M

shot last week in Ontario, Canada, the Niagara Falls in the late winter night ISO 200, f/7.1, 10.0s BR, Pingang
  4. P

Fun with NEX-7

Just came back from a long new year vocation, this image shot with NEX-7 with E 18-55 OSS lens at an ancient salt well - which today still produce salt almost the exact way - Boklua, Nan province, north Thailand, the image was shot manual exposure, using the pop-up flash just to balance the...
  5. P

And a few more here. Best, Pingang
  6. P

Just coming back from a week trip over Chiang Mai Thailand with the Sigma DP-2 Merrill, to share some of the images from the trip. Best, Pingang
  7. P

Sigma DP-1 Merrill shots

They are different lens, typically it is a lot easier to make a normal lens to perform better than wide angle lens, so I would say to put the lens in comparison of same focal length, the 2 are the same. I use the DP-1M more for travel shots while using the DP-2M in studio for portrait snaps...
  8. P

Sigma DP-1 Merrill shots

Thanks, I think the DP-1M is a completely different camera from DP-2M because of different lens. The 28mm is fact very good at close ups, as I did the portrait and the egg shells, reminds me of the Carl Zeiss for Contax 28/2 MM lens, which I use to shoot a lot of portrait with. The DP-1M wide...
  9. P

Sigma DP-1 Merrill shots

more Sigma DP-1 Merrill shots BR, Pingang
  10. P

LL New review of the DP1 M

I have DP-1M almost 10 days so far, very nice camera except the battery is really disappointed as the DP-2M, probably just 100-120 exposures per charge of battery. For a good day shoot, make sure at least 4-5 batteries. BR, Pingang
  11. P

Sigma DP-1 Merrill shots

Got my DP-1 Merrill and out for some shots in recent trip to Taiwan. The scenery shot made in a fishing harbor in East Taiwan, Nanfang'ao (Southern Bay), and one portrait made on one of Taiwan most celebrated photography master - Ko Sichi, a close friend of mine. And a close-up on egg shelves...
  12. P

Fun with NEX-7

All taken with Sony NEX-7 with E 18-55 OSS in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand. BR, Pingang
  13. P

Fun with NEX-7

both shot with NEX-7 with E 18-55 OSS lens Wat (temple) Phrathat Haeipunchai, Lamphun, Thailand ISO 100, f/6.3, 1/250s, setting at 19mm Dog rest under shade of mid day sun, Lamphun, Thailand ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/2000s, at 36mm. BR, Pingang
  14. P

Sony RX100 - getting started

shot in a private forest in Taichung, Taiwan, thanks to the owner Lai-san. The dried tree - RX100 in M mode. ISO 400, lens set at 17.4mm, f/10, 1/100s Taiwan white pine in the fog RX100 in M mode, ISO 400, lens at 17.8mm, f/5.0, 1/100s BR, Pingang
  15. P

FS - Leica M CP-L System & Filters & SF24D & Leica Lupe & others Flash

Re: FS - Leica M CP-L System & Filters & SF24D & Leica Lupe & others Flash Leica flash SF24D sold
  16. P

Simulated ISO 50, to use or not to use!

With good lighting the modern sensor did a good job that I would usually not worry about saying going from 100 to 50, or to 160 or 200. I did that often when I shoot medium format digital with ISO 32 or 50 in studio and I keep one of two DSLR for some snap shots that I would not like to change...
  17. P

Fun with Nikon Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos shot with D800E for Kyra intimate wears, 85/1.8G at f/4.5 1/30s, ISO 1600, with ARRI tungsten fresnel lights. BR, Pingang
  18. P

Fun with Nikon Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos learn a lesson here, I would usually not use 14mm for shots like this but it proves me wrong. Nice shot! BR, Pingang