The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

Another E-P7 user. My first Olympus. I feel it has the worst shooting algorithms I've ever seen. Couple that with a lack of available controls (no minimum SS, no ISO profiles, no shooting profiles) and it can be a PITA. A and S are unusable for me. I shoot in M-mode only. No issues with IBIS...
  2. R

my impressions about the Fujifilm X-PRO2

Good commentary, thanks. I'm on the fence with the xp2. A lot going for it. But it's not cheap, pretty much lens dependent to get the unique benefits it offers. And, that damn ISO dial. I had an xt1 with one of those dials. Difficult to turn, requires hand movement, inefficient. The little top...
  3. R

Fuji xf lens reviews

For a technical review of specs, above. For a review of the lens to take pictures, try tomen.de. Fuji Curation tab, Lenses. He's got just about every review linked.
  4. R

General EVF question, XE-2 content

I would suggest you try one out first if that's possible. Like buy and return as trying one out in a store is usually a hurried affair and you're concentrating on a dozen different factors. The evf on the E2 is not that great. I went from a dslr to an E1. Loved it but moved to an XT1 just...
  5. R

X-Pro2 and XT-2 looking like early and mid 2016

16 mp is enough for my photography. While I'd prefer a rangefinder body approach, its going to take a noticeable improvement over my XT1 to get me interested. I'd rather spend on lenses. Between AF and post processing XTrans, I put off a serious commitment on Fuji lenses when I had an XE1. With...
  6. R

18mm thoughts/comments

My most often used lens. Small, quickest AF of the lenses we have (14, 18, 27, 35, 18-55), will quickly lock focus on near anything, good indoor and low light lens.
  7. R

XE1 or not?

I used a NEX7/CZ24 for 3 weeks prior to my purchase of an XE1. Some of my experience: The deal killer for me was I wear eyeglasses and the NEX evf is eyeglass unfriendly. Not enough relief. The NEX is basically a raw only camera. The jpeg files are blah and need work. So I shot raw only. In...
  8. R

Good AA rechargeable batteries?

There are several different types of Eneloops. Simply buying Eneloop is not going to deliver "general purpose". The distinction is in the mAh. They have different discharge rates, how many times they can be recharged as well as other differences which I don't recall. Nikon's site has an...
  9. R

Bus powered drive for Mac Mini?

If you can faintly hear click, click, click, it needs a power supply. Some of the older drives need more power. But that's getting pretty old. If it has FireWire ports, use them.
  10. R

Who has the Fuji X100 besides the Fuji X E1 or Fuji X Pro1

I can't speak for retow but I have the X100 and the xe1. The evf is far more usable for manual focusing than either the xp1 or x100. No parralax error and accurate focus is easier with the higher dpi. As to the X100, it's a much easier carry than the xe1/xp1 even though the body size and...
  11. R

Xpro1 or X-E1 for Leica M lenses?

I believe this discussion supports your view quite well. However it points out just how difficult it might be for any solution beyond in camera processing. The link may not work as I've had issues linking into the Fuji X forum (perhaps my iPad, it's in the Fuji X Post Production Forum/Problems...
  12. R

Xpro1 or X-E1 for Leica M lenses?

Today, over on Steve Huff's site, there's a review of the xe with a write-up on using about a half dozen Leica mount lenses. The review devotes about a parargraph on each lens so it may be worth a read.
  13. R

Fuji XE-1 or NEX 6

I recently went through this for both myself and with a friend. I'm already in the Fuji camp with an X100 and am extremely pleased with it. Here's a few of my thoughts: I expect both to be very good cameras. Well built and hopefully without quirks. I give the lens nod to Fuji. For me, the...
  14. R

Thoughts on mirrorless FF camera with interchangeable lenses in 2013?

I think the best answer can be found in the NEX system lens line-up. NEX has been very well accepted by consumers. Yet after years of offering the line, Sony has yet to produce a lens line worthy of the capabilities of the bodies. CZ is helping them out, after years, availability still...
  15. R

New Fuji X-E1 for Photokina?

16. R

Maxell Airstash

I do not have one. If you check out the reviews on B&H, people who have them, love them. They have an iPad/iOS related issue that prevents them from exporting the raw portion of raw+jpegs from my iPad to the drive (backup). If you shoot raw only, you can go both ways. I shoot r+j as my Fuji's...