The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

FS: Pentax 645z ($2495), 28-45mm ($2495)

UPDATE - the 645z camera has been sold (pending customer approval). The 28-45mm lens is still for sale. Thanks.
  2. T

FS: Pentax 645z ($2495), 28-45mm ($2495)

For sale, my Pentax 645z and 28-45mm lens, both bought by me new from B&H (geezer with back issues, so I’m downsizing). I don’t buy/sell much so don’t use Paypal. My preferred method for folks here that are known to me is to ship you the item for your approval (USA only), then if you want it...
  3. T

The great tripod & head thread!

The tip of my hex key broke off, and I never got the screw out of my first head. When I ordered a second head I sent it to Precision to replace.
  4. T

Breakthrough Photography Filters

Thanks Steven! There's something off about this deal, guess I will take their own advice and put my money elsewhere...
  5. T

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Here is the end of a chat I had with the company asking about being able to use a lens cap - I don't think they wanted me to buy their filters: "Never take the magnetic filters off put your camera/lens into the wrap. The wrap is a great solution for every...
  6. T

Hey Peter, now that their magnetic filter system is shipping I wanted to ask you about not being able to use any sort of lens cap on either their magnetic filters or the magnetic adapters? It looks like a great system, but they told me today there was no way to use any sort of lens cap - said I...
  7. T

With the polarizer I had stuck to the step-up ring, there was a very narrow recessed portion in between the ring and the rotating part of the polarizer - just using a rubber band or gloves didn't provide any grip to the narrow portion that needed to be turned. I tied a thin string around the...
  8. T

UPDATE - I finally got mine unstuck from their polarizer yesterday (freezer and string). Their step-up rings are heavy and thick and priced well, but I prefer thinner and light (like their filters) so probably will stick with brand X for the rings.
  9. T

1 - I've been using their dark polarizer since last fall and like it - so much thinner than having to stack so less potential for vignetting. I don't use live view much, but do have to look carefully through the viewfinder to see the polarization (Pentax 645z). 2 - I've also been using one of...
  10. T

SOLD: KPS T5 geared ball head, $495

SOLD. Thanks for looking... KPS T5 geared ball head, bought new in 2016 and never used much (couple of small ticks on the finish, otherwise it is 9+, with original box). It is the newer version with no clamp, M6 screw, just like shown in this link -...
  11. T

FS: Sony Ar7II, 24-70 f4, Metabones IV, $3,500.

Items are now sold. Thanks all...
  12. T

UPDATE - this Sony AR7II is now available by itself, LNIB with less than 1,000 clicks - $2,300 plus shipping. [email protected], 870-861-5536. Thanks! Tim Ernst
  13. T

I purchased these new on the last day of 2015 from my local camera store here in Arkansas, but have only used them twice, so I need to cut my losses and sell. All are minty and include everything that came with them and boxes. $3,500 for the set, includes shipping to lower 48 US address. I...
  14. T

D800E in cold weather

Used mine several nights in a row at -30F in Alaska last March with no issues. Those specs don't really mean much in the real world...
  15. T

FS: PENTAX 645D, low mileage, $3000

For sale PENTAX 645D (10,450 pictures taken), 9 condition with a couple minor scuff marks on prism, plus a couple of ticks near the shutter release (otherwise mostly mint - LCD has been protected since new). This was my personal backup body and has been well cared for. Includes all accessories...
  16. T

Nikon Df

I agree about a cold sensor - the wind chill was down near zero F. while I was doing this test last night so I think we had that one covered. I once did an 8-hour single exposure star trail photo (ISO 200) with a Nikon Ds in 15 degree temp and the image was virtually noise-free. I often am out...
  17. T

Nikon Df

Thanks - I'm not good at reading manuals, but will go have a look! That would make me sleep a lot better once I come in out of the cold...
  18. T

Nikon Df

Hey Graham, I've never been able to get live view to work for stars on the Nikons either, and since I never use live view for any of my normal shooting anyway, I didn't even bother to mess with it on the Canon. I generally shoot a couple of test frames until I can see pinpoint stars when zoomed...
  19. T

Nikon Df

THANKS again to folks who commented on my question above in regards to uprezzing nighttime Df files. Just FYI if anyone might be interested, I spent much of last night on a mountaintop shooting pinpoint star photos with the d800e, Df, and Canon 6d, using the same 14-24 lens for all three. I...
  20. T

Nikon Df

Hey Graham, I've been getting info from David's site and enjoy his work. Although quite honestly, I find it difficult to interpret some of this findings due to his test images being out of focus sometimes (kind of basic for a test of this nature). I have a 6d in the bag due to his...