The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. W

Profoto D1/Senso A4/Einstein 640

Thanks for the help guys! looks like I'm going to rent the profoto beauty dish when my lights get it. the 3 head kit is a special order for my local shop, so I won't get them for another 3-4 weeks :( Thanks for the Kupo link, to be honest I've only ever heard of Manfrotto and Avenger, so this...
  2. W

Thanks for clarifying Josh! wow grids are expensive hehe
  3. W

Marc, thanks for the lengthy reply and everyone else who chipped in. I think I'm going to start with the following... 2x1000w/s + 1x500 w/s kit 1 zoom reflector 2 2 domes 1 usb air sync For softbox I think I'm going to try Paul Buff's giant softbox along with the grid. Paul C. Buff -...
  4. W

Marc, thank you so much for the detailed response, and everyone else as well for contributing! You're right Marc, it is a 10 degree grid. I think I'll get the following to start 2x1000 + 1x500 kit 1 zoom reflector 2 2 domes 1 USB Air Sync Also going to try the paul c buff large soft box...
  5. W

Thanks for the clarification guys. Do you think it's better to buy grids for the zoom reflector 2? Or get the d1 specific grids? The kit comes with a 20 degree grid with two softboxes. I was thinking of getting the dome and 2 zoom reflector 2. Any suggestions from you guys? I'm looking to...
  6. W

Thanks, I'm going to start with 2 D1 1000 and 1 D1 500 as a kit. Looking forward to picking out light modifiers. Btw, Should I be getting a zoom reflector even though it is built in? I'm getting a dome for sure since I want to use it with larger than medium softboxes.
  7. W

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm ready to start my kit. My question is how I should go about it. Should I start with the following D1 kit? 2 500w/s + 1 1000w/s? Profoto D1 Air 3 Head Studio Kit - 1- 1000W/s / 2- 500W/s 901087 Another option I have is my local shop has an Acute...
  8. W

Hi guys, some good thoughts. I'm wondering, how I should start this path. Should I go with 2 500w/s + 1 1000w/s d1 heads? There is this kit Profoto D1 Air 3 Head Studio Kit - 1- 1000W/s / 2- 500W/s 901087 There is also a used kit at my local shop that is 1 Acute 1200 pack with 2 acute/d4...
  9. W

Thanks for the feedback guys. Definitely think that power is an issue. Like I mentioned my last shoot I was using a combined 4800w/s in 3 packs. Looks like it might want to try something along the lines of D4 2400 Air (I like digital readouts for my power settings) with two heads + 2 D1...
  10. W

I do like the Einsteins, just do not think there is enough power but the colortemp/flash duration is tempting me
  11. W

Hi guys, hoping that someone can help me out. I shoot mainly table top stuff, food, still life and occasionally some ppl. you can check out my site here, ronaldtsang.com I'm looking to get some new lights as my business is expanding. I'm currently using Alien Bees and as much as I enjoy...
  12. W

WTB Phase One P65+ or HD4-50

Thanks for the link. I think I'll wait to see if there is something a bit more local first.
  13. W

WTB Phase One P65+ or HD4-50

Hi, Looking to purchase one of these system. I'm starting fresh, so will require back/body/lens. I'm located in Toronto, let me know what you are offering, price/condition/actuation. Thanks