The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Sony A7 vs Lens Turbo (Speed booster")

Yes the Metabones EF Speedbooster is easily adaptable I have OM, PK C/Y and Nikkor lenses that adapt well with just a metal "ring" adapter and they are cheap (5 USD) and plentiful because on the amount of Canon systems around.
  2. K

Sony A7 vs Lens Turbo (Speed booster")

I have a NEX 5R and MB Speedbooster and A7R I have to say there is no comparison between the two, in every single way the A7R outshines the 5R + SB, with the same lenses. There is less of a difference at low ISO but at high ISO A7R is better, EVEN taking into account the extra stop of light...
  3. K

RX1 (r?) as silent companion

Don't forget the NEX 7, with a Metabones speedbooster you can use all your A7 lenses (apart from the FE lenses) at their correct FL. It's not silent but much quieter then the A7. Alot cheaper than an RX1R as well.
  4. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R C/Y Planar 50mm f/1.4 @ f/2.0, fast becoming my favourite lens
  5. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R A7r C/Y Planar 50mm f/1.4 @ f/2.0
  6. K

Advice from those who own both A7 and A7R

Coming from the NEX-5R to the A7R the thing that astounds me is the level of detail 36mp yields, with a good sharp lens I managed a crop that looked tack sharp from a 55mm lens that could have been taken with a 200-300mm lens on the 5R. I use manual focussing so the lack of PDAF is not an issue...
  7. K

Metabones adapters are not very good.

Seems a bit hit and miss, my NEX to EF speedbooster was perfect oem fit on both the front and the back. The "free" Smart Adapter III I recieved with the A7r had pretty bad tolerences out of the box so I disassembled it and loosened a few screws, it is now much better, still more snug then the...
  8. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R I still have my NEX E-mount Speedbooster and a plethora of fast 50's that would be equivalent to f/0.95 and less on my A7R. Even utilizing the APS-C crop mode the resulting files would be the equivalent of the E-M1 in terms of Megapixel size! Just think of the A7r as the...
  9. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R Canon FD 55mm SSC @ f2.0 1/4000 ISO 100
  10. K

A7R & PlayMemories Remote - Awesome!

Just a heads up it will only shoot in x.fine jpg NOT RAW, at least in the current version of the app I have.
  11. K

The A7/R Adaptor thread

Remarkably my Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM is autofocussing on this adapter with my A7R (AFAIK it's only meant to work with native Canon lenses), it's slow and only accurate about 80% of the time however it's good enough for the only time I use autofocus, namely when I get someone to take a picture of...
  12. K

Apple & Aperture support for A7 RAW

Latest update adds A7/A7r RAW compatibility to iPhoto and Aperture.
  13. K

Speed booster for NEX

Whoops IMG links not working, lets try that again! NEX 5 with Pentax K 50mm 1.2 @ 1.2 Untitled by kienchil, on Flickr Untitled by kienchil, on Flickr Untitled by kienchil, on Flickr Untitled by kienchil, on Flickr Untitled by kienchil, on Flickr Untitled by kienchil, on Flickr...
  14. K

Speed booster for NEX

A couple with NEX-5R with EF Speedbooster and Pentax K 50mm f1.2 @ 1.2.