The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

XF firmware update #4: Focus and recompose with the XF, finally!

Not cool at all. But the need for focus/recompose would practically drop to zero if we had more than one active focus point! I don't need 59 or 60 like high end DSLRs. Heck, I'd take 9. 4 in the corners, 4 mid way along the edges, and 1 in the center.
  2. M

Not if he doesn't upgrade. That was his whole point. He's leary about upgrading because he doesn't want to recalibrate.
  3. M

Paul, With shallow DoF I find it extremely difficult to nail focus when focusing and recomposing. So I am overjoyed with this announcement. I think. Is it really lens specific? If so, that sucks and just another example of Phase One milking it's customer base to upgrade to get functionality...
  4. M

Mamiya 645DF with V-Grip Air, Batteries, and Charger

I'm selling my Mamiya branded 645DF body (same as Phase One 645DF) along with the V-Grip Air and 3 batteries with charger for $1100. I've upgraded to the Phase One XF body so I no longer need the 645. The rear dial (the thumb dial) on the 645 body is stuck and will not rotate. However, the same...
  5. M

Neat video showing behind the scenes at Phase One

Thanks for that link Graham. I have a love/hate relationship with Phase One. I love the image quality I get when... 1)...my camera back doesn't freeze 2)...what I want in focus actually is in focus 3)...the system is ready to capture another image 4)...the image is properly exposed from my TTL...
  6. M

Request to Phase One concerning the new XF V-Grip

I agree with what you're saying Ken. It does seem weird that they wouldn't position it in a similar proximity to where it is when shooting in the landscape orientation. But the bigger issue for me is the price and relative lack of additional functionality. With the old V-Grip Air, at least...
  7. M

XF Camera and Profoto B1, B2, or D2 Users

It seems some guys at Capture Integration have experienced the same thing as me. So at least I know I'm not crazy.
  8. M

XF Camera and Profoto B1, B2, or D2 Users

If you have a Phase One XF camera system along with a Profoto B1/B2/D2 stobe, have you tested the new TTL functionality in the latest XF firmware release? If so, what have your results been? I can't get the combination to produce consistent results. In my controlled lab with the XF lock down on...
  9. M

Why non Team Phase One users should avoid Capture One…

I'm a portrait guy. I've been shooting my Credo 60 tethered into C1 for 3 years. For that entire time I've been trying to migrate my operations, not just tethered capture, to C1. But the truth is the results I get from C1 aren't appreciably better than that which I get from Lightroom. And C1...
  10. M

Phase One XF Feature Update #3

Ok Yair, I just finished reading the Flash Photography section of the updated manual. That did help, but it still needs more. For instance, it doesn't explain how TTL works. It explains how to switch from manual to TTL, but it doesn't describe the process to work the system. I know how eTTL...
  11. M

I agree with Paul. I'm working with CI with my TTL issues and they have been awesome. But it seems weird to have to work through a dealerfir something that should be in a manual. Right now, I don't even know if I have a problem because I don't know if I'm using it correctly because there are no...
  12. M

Where to get the XF # 3 Update for Credo users?

Yair, all that dies is describe what the features are, not how to use them. I need to read up on what exactly your TTL system is doing. I'm testing it with my Profoto B1 and results are all over the place. I locked my camera down on my camera stand and captured a series of images under the exact...
  13. M

Is there a manual for these new features somewhere?
  14. M

Is there a manual somewhere for the new features?
  15. M

SK Blue Ring 150mm f/2.8 LS

A lot of discussion about the weight of this lens plus the XF. But what about that combo PLUS the new V-Grip? That'll be what, 57lbs.? :-)
  16. M

Mamiya DM22 vs DM33 on ISO 400, your experience please ?

Like I said, it was a few years ago, but I don't recall any issues shooting at ISO 400.
  17. M

Mamiya DM22 vs DM33 on ISO 400, your experience please ?

I owned the DM33 for 6 months and as I recall (it was 3 years ago), I didn't have any issues at ISO 400.
  18. M

Yep, I downloaded and installed it yesterday. I was going to include a link in my thread but I didn't know if it was suppose to be public or not. So I didn't do it.
  19. M

Phase One V Grip

You know what would've been cool? If they included a card slot in the grip for redundant recording. It needn't be a CF card, it could've been an SD card slot. At least that would've given extra functionality to a simple grip.
  20. M

Yep, I got it resolved with my dealer. But I don't think you understand why I'm posting. I'm posting for the benefit of others with Credo backs so they don't waste their time. Plus, as an XF owner I'm learning how Phase One does things. I didn't know that to upgrade the camera, I need to know...