The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Goodbye digital back, Hello analog film (for now)

i totally understand may the ph-orce be with you ..
  2. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Herr 'contrelamontre' ?? my friend ... is it possible that this is you?
  3. K

Technical Camera Images

this is absolutely beautiful ...
  4. K

Nikon 14-24 on IQ250. Anyone tried it?

Gerald, judging from most of your posts in this forum - we should be asking you!
  5. K

D3x vs D800E - today. I'm thorn

and there is of course the D610 ... just to confuse matters more seriously though. that 800 series needs a heck of a lot of effort to make it sing - like any racing car i guess
  6. K

Sony A77II ordered

hmmm. that's also throwing the gauntlet down at the MFD manuacturer/s :)
  7. K

Any interest in the D810?

not mine! :)
  8. K

3 lens for the D800 - money no object....

to shoot what? but no matter what i'm shooting, the center lens is ZF 35/2 ..
  9. K

Fun with A6000

the only nice thing about ACR is that it leads directly to Photoshop .. and yea! that little A6000 ...it smokes some real big cams! i had a brief 30 min test drive of the A6000 and the A7 (btw, i own a D800e) .. have decided to get that little dynamo and bypass the A7 (my Leica R and C/Y Zeiss...
  10. K

Fun with A6000

great stuff Guy - that's mighty impressive for an $ 600 APSC .. (and at the risk of getting clobbered again .. i think your dislike for ACR is showing ..)
  11. K

Do the math - focal length and Format demystified

read the text ... wasted precious moments'
  12. K

what is the point You are trying to make Stefan Stieb ?
  13. K

Help Needed for Getting in to Medium Format!

thanks for your inputs Subrata1965 - India 2014 is a bit different from your memories. why? welll: 1. 35% duty is cheap insurance to make the manufacturer give us the same "privileges" as the rest of the world 2. most (Hasselblad Nikon Canon et al) have local distributors AND service - AND have...
  14. K

2 apples +/-/:-/x 2 oranges ... still = no cigar
  15. K

Help Needed for Getting in to Medium Format!

Hi 'Oamkumar' interesting that you are trying to upgrade from the D800e to MFD i have a few questions - and since i'm also based in India - i will find your answers very relevant: 1. forget the import problem - who in India is going to give you the dealership support? even a casual perusal of...
  16. K

Oh Dear .. tho the writing did seem to be on the Wall

why not Fuji ? the current Hasselblad (camera and lenses) are essentially Fuji (as far as i know).
  17. K

Oh Dear .. tho the writing did seem to be on the Wall

Sincerely hope this is not true (sometimes rumors are not!) MFD needs multiple players, specially those with a rich history Is Hasselblad in financial trouble? | Photo Rumors
  18. K

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series fantastic shot! a crop of the lower right 2/3rds of this image would make an amazing street photo !
  19. K

1/125 Flash Sync Speed...

ok - once again my head is spinning .. re: "" but i think for the OP's use of flash sync for now, would be to use ND filters and a combo of higher ISO. The Pentax is supposed to be very good at higher ISO's, so even at 800 iso with an ND should yield good results."" why would one use ND And...