The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Exposure compensation with CPL

When using a circular polarizer on an A7 camera do you adjust the exposure compensation because of the light loss? How much of an adjustment do you use? Thanks
  2. D

IBIS vs OSS

Please assist me to better understand what and where Sony is going With image stabilization. I own both an A7 and an Olympus E-M5. The Olympus has the 5 axis IBIS which is terrific because None of the Olympus M43 lens have Any image stabilization built in. I also have the Sony FE 55mm (not...
  3. D

Sony vs Canon 70-200mm f4???

The Sony 70-200mm f4 is expected to be released in late April, and I'm unaware of any reviews as yet. The Canon 70-200mm f4 is generally considered an excellent lens. Canon is currently offering a $150 rebate on their lens. Does anyone have personal experience with this lens on a A7 body? I am...
  4. D

Canon 100-400mm

Local photo shop, George's Camera, in San Diego, CA allowed several members of the local photo club to borrow some lens during the photo club's visit to the SD Zoo this morning. I requested the Canon 100-400mm and an adapter for the Canon to the Sony E Mount. This was my first experience doing...
  5. D

Prices are crashing down

At B&H After $460 off, Sony A7 Body – $1,238.00 Sony A7R Body – $1,838.00 Sony A7 with 28-70mm lens kit – $1,538.00 This must mean that a replacement is about to be released and Sony wants to blow out all remaining inventory on this five (?) month old camera? I feel a like I was overcharged...
  6. D

ISO 6400

Yesterday I was able to take a tour of the GIA facility in Carlsbad, CA. The GIA are the people who train jewelers to know which stone, is what gem, and how to consistently grade stones. The lighting is very challenging because of the thick protective glass that you have to shoot through, and...
  7. D

Fun with the 28-70mm

Ok, many are evaluating the 24-70mm f4, but many, like me, have purchased the kit lens with their A7, the 28-70mm which cost $900 less. Lets post some pictures taken using the kit lens. I'm really pleased with the results.