The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

Stolen M8 reappeared ....

Did you try using the Stolen Camera Finder - find your photos, find your camera ? This website crawls the web looking for photos with your camera serial number embedded into the EXIF file. It may be worth a shot to find the user. Perhaps he was actually never contacted by the shop who sold...
  2. G

50mm 1.4 - Sony or Minolta?

Sony and Minolta 50mm F1.4 are similar, but not identical. DPReview once measured both. dpreview.com - Lens Review - Fullscreen Sony is significantly sharper @ F1.4 but has more CA.
  3. G

180-200mm for A7r

Photozone tested the Nikkor 180mm/2.8 ED, as well as the Minolta 200mm/2.8 APO G. Both did fine, but Minolta better. Nikkor AF 180mm f/2.8 D ED (FX) - Review / Test Report Minolta AF 200mm f/2.8 APO G HS - Review / Lab Test I own both the Minolta and a Leica APO Telyt-R 180mm/3.4. Both easily...
  4. G

Face detect/Eye Detect with LA-E4?

Yes, you can use Face Detect. Eye detect only works with native FE lenses.
  5. G

What 24-70 for Sony a7r

1. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM (adapted via Metabones) 2. Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss T* (adapted via Sony LA-EA4) 3. Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS The third one is smallest, cheapest, native E-mount and stabilized and would be my choice.
  6. G

My Sony Lens kit after 5 months

Hello All, This is my first post on this forum, but I’ve been reading your valuable advice and looking at stunning photos for at least half a year. Thanks. My current lens sets for the A7 are following: Lightweight travel kit: OM 24/2.8 FE 35/2.8 FE 55/1.8 Contax G 90/2.8 Bang for buck Zeiss...