The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. gDallasK

Batis 25 and Batis 85 - Availability and Experiences

My 85 arrived today - and despite the fact that we are being battered by Storm Desmond so no outdoor photography - I am so impressed at how sharp this lens is. And I love the creamy bokeh. I'm not missing my Canon 85 1.2 at all. Particularly as the Batis can't weigh much more than half what...
  2. gDallasK

Batis 25 and Batis 85 - Availability and Experiences

Here in the UK my 25 arrived from WEX today. 85 is still back ordered.
  3. gDallasK

Any reason to keep old canon body?

I may be a bit ahead of you here. I bought a Metabones IV with my A7R2. I tried out all my Canon L glass - and was pleased that only the 135L and the 200 f4L wouldn't focus. So they went on eBay. But I realised quite quickly that most of my other L lenses were equalled or bettered by Sony /...
  4. gDallasK

New lens lineup for the A7rII

It just hunted and never obtained focus lock. Others have had the same experience. I hope you have better luck with yours.
  5. gDallasK

New lens lineup for the A7rII

Hmmm ........ I'm probably going the other way. After testing all my Canon lenses last week with my A7R2 and a Metabones 4 I first eBayed the ones that definitely didn't work (135L & 200L). I then realised that I had the ranges of my Canon 35L and 50L well covered by my Zeiss 35 F2.8 and 55...
  6. gDallasK

A7rII with Canon AF database reference.

Works : 35L 50L 85L II 24-105L 70-300 DO Doesn't work : 135L 2.0 200L 2.8 My subjective view is that - with one exception - those that worked at all performed better on the A7R2 with Metabones 4 than they did on my 5D2 I was quite surprised that the DO lens focuses but performance is...
  7. gDallasK

X-E2 and X-T1 finally supported by Aperture

Hmmm ...... your "Green Shot" prompted me to look again at Aperture which I have owned for a long time but tended to ignore due to my greater familiarity with Adobe's products. After processing a couple of my own RAF files from the X-T1 I'm wondering if my initial impression of slightly better...
  8. gDallasK

X1-Pro FW upgrade 1.11

Does exactly what it says on the tin too! A very worthwhile improvement.
  9. gDallasK

X100 vs X1 pro image quality

The first image is from the X100. The second was taken with the 35mm lens (52 mm equivalent). I have owned to XP1 for a few months now but bought the X100 just a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised that the image quality of the X100 was so good - in my view it is certainly not so far behind...
  10. gDallasK

Canon 5D Mark III announced, your thoughts

Forgot to mention - favourite primes! 35, 50, 85, 135 "L". Aside from my Leica glass, the 35 and 85 are two of the best lenses I've ever owned. The fact that I don't see anything equivalent in Nikon's lens lineup is what will keep me with Canon a while longer as it falls further behind the...
  11. gDallasK

Canon 5D Mark III announced, your thoughts

Disappointed and relieved I had hoped that the 5D3 would mark a step forward for Canon. Despite the fact that there are so many small changes - for me - it doesn't add up to much. It certainly doesn't add up to the UK asking price of £3,000. I have a lot of money invested in Canon "L" primes...
  12. gDallasK

new Fuji X Pro1 camera

Re: new camera For me that would depend on the Fuji's ability to produce good IQ with wide Leica lenses - something which doesn't seem to be a strength of the NEX7. Until we have some evidence of that my credit card is safe! Geoff
  13. gDallasK

Help with GXR in-built flash

My camera doesn't do this (often). I tried replicating your problem with my GXR / A12-M which has the most recent firmware in both body and adapter. The first time I tried it I got the same result as you did. Blank EVF and LCD - but the shutter still worked. I then switched the camera off...
  14. gDallasK

Ricoh GXR A12 Camera Mount - Between Tick and Tock

Mine's now here! But so is the rain and a pile of day-job stuff I have to deal with!
  15. gDallasK

good time to sell leica asph M lenses?

You'd have to ask why you owned them in the first place - to make images with or as financial investments?
  16. gDallasK

Leica M9 Titanium

I'm not going to pull the trigger on this one. I heard from a source inside Solms that Leica have an unobtainium model in development! Oh! Wait a minute - that's the one they've been selling for the past year! :ROTFL:
  17. gDallasK

M8/9 with one extra lens: best small bag.

Black / Black Billingham Hadley Digital. It will take my M9 with lens mounted and two further lenses at the sides with a front pocket for bits and pieces.
  18. gDallasK

Fun with the G2

Picked up a G2 kit at Gatwick Airport on Friday evening and, so far, not much time to play with it - and the weather here in Western Scotland is awful today. However, a few thoughts on its physical characteristics : - Unlike some others, I never had any problems with the coating peeling on the...
  19. gDallasK

Looks like the leaks are starting G2/G10

Official now ...... http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/3570539/index.html
  20. gDallasK

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Nice weather for ducks? Or not?