The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

FS : Rodenstock 40mm for Alpa

BUMP Reducedto $4500
  2. A

FS : Rodenstock 40mm for Alpa

Have a practically NEW 40mm Rodenstock SB for Alpa for sale. I have used it only three times - all indoors. You can see pictures here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nvv6qyyyqrat90k/AABKwvEndeoKlNzHCTzGdDJua?dl=0 Will ship to you in original box etc., Am asking $4800 + s/h It is in like...
  3. A

WTB: Alpa Alpagon Rodenstock 40mm SB17 & 70mm SB17

Hello I have the R 40MM lens. Got it for my Alpa setup but used it only once. It is practically new. Have all orig boxes etc. If you PM your email I can send pix with dropbox links. Thanks., aLV
  4. A

Leica SL-601 + Elmarit 28-90 (ACTION!)

I've shot with Canon/Nikon/Sony before but have never been more happier in the 35mm space than with this camera. I love the simplicity and true "functionality" of this. Cannot wait for the 90-280 lens. Here is me playing around this AM figuring out some stuff with AF modes.... - aLV Al...
  5. A

Leica SL Custom buttons and Favorites Menu

Quick Question : Am trying to set the joystick to focus/focus select and the shutter to only release. Tried some combos but am not able to do it. Any suggestions? Please. Thank You. = aLV www.alvinjamur.com
  6. A

Filters for Serous Landscape Work

big stopper + little stopper 0.3, 0.6, 0.9 hard edge nd and also the soft edge nd 110mm lee polarizer 81a ....are in my kit
  7. A

Tilt on the Alpa Max

Yup! I had forgotten to put one of the required Alpa adapters. I'm going to just color mark things and that way it'll be idiot proof! LOL. For the 90mm and 120mm SK, I needed to use the Tilt and a 6mm and 11mm adapter (34mm total length). For the Rodie 40mm and 70mm, I needed to use the...
  8. A

Tilt on the Alpa Max

I've shot with canon/nikon t/s before and understand sch+hinge stuff. Perhaps, its the order of adapters on the alpa. aLV Al Vinjamur Photography
  9. A

Backlight landscape photography realized - say no to silhouette

Very nice work/thread. I've a background in DSP so kept smiling as I read all this. This thread should be made a sticky! BTW, ISO X on camera A is not the same as ISO X on camera B : As u move up or down in ISO, the number of stops on either side of it are usually not symmetric. Believe it...
  10. A

Tilt on the Alpa Max

Did u mean defocus from the first book until the 2nd book comes into focus?? Brain fried. Will try tmoro. TY! - aLV
  11. A

Tilt on the Alpa Max

I'm thrown off by something very basic here (perhaps the lack of sleep!). My Imaging train on the front end looks like this (read down) SK 120mm lens Alpa T Adapter Extension 006 Extension 011 + ALPA Max + Hasselblad Adapter (Shimmed correctly) + Phase One IQ250 I...
  12. A

CLEANOUT SALE!!! CANON + Photo Gear

These are NEW prices for some gear that I have left over. I accept PAYPAL + 3% + Shipping/Handling/Insurance for the cost. - BODIES -- Canon 1dsMIII $1750 (9.5/10 - Box) + S/H/Insurance Canon 1DX $4650 (9.5/10, <10K, In Box) + S/H/Insurance -- LENSES ---- Canon 16-35mm/L 2.8 USM $900...
  13. A

Optimum exposure

The critical thing to take note of is the state of the image ie., Linear .vs. Non Linear and what transformations are applied at each stage. As an Astrophotographer dealing with HUGE dynamic range but compressed into very tiny linear space there are certain transformations of data u can and...
  14. A

Heading to Alpa today

Ah! I need to go visit Alpa, too. I've been an Alpa fan/user since 2007. Traded in the TC and SWA for the STC and XY-Mark IV. you guys at CI are awesome!
  15. A

ALPA Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 5.6/35mm XL

Pricing is $3200 for some readon i'm not able to edit posts
  16. A

Pricing is NOT $4200 but $3500
  17. A

FS : Canon + Ballhead + Tripod + Misc

— CANON CLEANOUT SALE — Am getting rid of ALL my Canon gear since I’ve stopped traveling/teaching and have moved onto a very different photographic direction. I don’t have boxes for most of this as I used to live in NYC and did not store boxes (space a premium). I’ve listed prices alongside...
  18. A

Lens is in like NEW condition and has been used about 7-8 times. It does not suit the back that I am currently using. Will bundle a center filter to go with it. Images below. US $4,200.00 payable via Paypal. Will ship free only within the continental USA. - aLV