The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

New Epson 44" Printers, Ultrachrome HD and Head Cleaning

When it is time to change printer, I'll reserach a bit more on HP's. It sounds great that they do not need nozzle cleaning. But a downside for me is the awful paper loading from behind. I do not have room behind the printer and change papers often. Another important factor is the ink price is...
  2. D

Thank you every one for your feedback. I must admit I did not know much about HP. It's good to know they can run till the last drop ink. Despite of the concerning words about the lack of support, I will consider HP on my next buy. Anyway the HP ink volume of 130ml. (Z3200) seems ridiculous to...
  3. D

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to know I'm not alone. What are the problems you mention with 9900 ? Maybe banding ones... ? I've had some vertical banding on just very thick paper and dark areas (9890), but I asume this is not just because the printing head and can be solved with...
  4. D

I just wrote an article about the new Epson printers and Ultrachrome HD ink for my printing workshop web blog. It seems the hardware and printing head of the new 44 inches printers are the same as the "old" Stylus Pro 9890 and 9900. So, I think that just informing the "old" printer about the...
  5. D

Harman by Hahnemühle Gloss Baryta problem

Well, you don't tell but I guess you are talking about the Harman by Hahnemühle Gloss Baryta. You don't say if you have ever printed on the original Harman Gloss Baryta FB AL. I mean that if your first experience was with the Harman by Hahnemühle, maybe this emulsion is fine for you because do...
  6. D

Harman by Hahnemühle Gloss Baryta problem

I just wanted to share with you that I was quite disapointed with the Hahnemühle headquarters in Germany, about receiving a quite different Harman by Hahnemühle Gloss Baryta paper than the Sample Pack manufactured and distributed by themselves. Basically, the issue is that the sample packs of...
  7. D

epson 9900 horizontal banding

I print using an Epson 9890, Epson driver at 2880dpi, tested fast and slow speeds, head cleanings, head alignments and I really got mad on that horizontal banding (lighter bands), when using very thick, mate paper (350gms) on very dark/black images. What it seems finally worked for me is to...
  8. D

Epson 9900 Left Waste Ink Tank

As far as I know, left tank is only used in some kind of borderless printing. So, most of the time is not used. It is recomended to swap the unused left one, by the right one, when this right one is about 80-90% full.
  9. D

Epson 9890 prints shorter than expected !!!

Thanks for your feedback. It's good to know one is not alone. Anyway, I found a roll of cheap paper and made a test with my personal presets after posting, realizing that part of the issue was caused by myself. I always print on roll paper. As I also have troubles (this would be another...
  10. D

web output sharpening

What it works for me is to use Smart Sharpen in Photoshop and keep a low value radius from 0,3 to 06. Then you may increase the sharpening amount at your taste. It produces a very sharp non destructive images for the web.
  11. D

Epson 9890 prints shorter than expected !!!

I will explain... It might be about vertical transportation of paper. If I print from Photoshop (CS6 or CC) a 20 x 24 inch file (24 would be the vertical), it prints out 23 13/16 of an inch. In the way I work -centimetres-, the file is 60cm. and prints out 59,5 cm. In larger prints, the...
  12. D

Art printing in Spain?

Sorry to reply your request five years late, but if you are still in need you could check www.graficartprints.com located close to Barcelona, Spain.