The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

A7rII with Canon AF database reference.

Hi Spence, I just stumbled on this in the FM forum which I put in quotes below. It's about problems with the 100-400 ii, not the 400, but I'm wondering if a change in settings might affect AF on the 400 or any of the other lenses that might be problematic. "I have a Metabones IV with current...
  2. E

So, is it a keeper? (A7R II)

Yes! I have thought about this a fair amount. I'm making up terms here, but I call it "digital roll-off" but maybe "digital cut-off" would be more appropriate. When I moved from the Canon 70-200 2.8 i to the ii version, the lens and sharpness was so much better, but I had a lot of shots where...
  3. E

spence-- I'm using the metabones iv adapter with the latest firmware update. Btw, I saw on the FM forum that someone linked to a review that stated that the 400 5.6L not only worked but was very fast. I just tried mine again to make sure I wasn't on crack and I still find that the 400 just...
  4. E

spence-- Unfortunately the 400 5.6L does not work. I can get it to lock on every once in a while, but thus far the 400 5.6 and the 100 2.8L macro are the only Canon lenses that do not work for me. Take what I say with a grain of salt because the a7rii just arrived a couple of hours ago and...
  5. E

A7RII delivery dates and last minute availability

I just got off the phone with BH. -The person I spoke with said that they got a pretty good number of A7rii's. He said "Yeah, I think we got enough to fill all of our pre-orders." -My order status is pending. He also said they could have shipped today but they are not allowed to ship until...
  6. E

Upcoming A7rII

RX100 iv and RX10ii press release here: Sony's RX100 IV and RX10 II Cameras Bring Professional Imaging Experience to... -- NEW YORK, June 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ugh, I think I'm in on both the a7rii and possibly the rx100 iv. Long-time Canon shooter. . . . I now have the a7s, 35mm 1.4, and...
  7. E

Upcoming A7rII

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonys-new-a7r-ii-camera-delivers-innovative-imaging-experience-with-worlds-first-back-illuminated-35mm-full-frame-sensor-300097178.html 42MP, available in August. Pre-orders on BH from June 17 .. . $3198.00