The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Ario Arioldi

Techart Pro FW 5,0

FW 5,0 is now available but no documentation has been provided yet. Presumably the battery drain issue has been solved. I have already installed the update with no evident issue.
  2. Ario Arioldi

Iridient can now be used as extention to Photos

The current release (3.05) now provides an editing extension for Apple Photos on Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) that provides "external edit" like functionality for opening images from the Photos library into Iridient Developer.
  3. Ario Arioldi

A7 II Memory Banks

I would like to memorize one shooting configuration which includes the option "AF with Shutter set to off" but apparently this option is not registered in the memory bank and the camera will always use the last used setting. Am I doing something wrong or this is how it is supposed to work? Thanks.
  4. Ario Arioldi

FW 1.1 for Sony A7M2

Just released, addressed issues of the IBIS. (apparently works also with Yosemite). The image in the viewfinder is now properly stabilized also when magnification is on.
  5. Ario Arioldi

85/1.4 PLANAR ZA on Sony A7 family

On the basis of the published lens road map for the FF E mount I am considering the possibility to buy now an 85/1.4 Planar ZA and the LAEA4 adaptor to be used mainly as a portrait lens. Is there any comment/suggestion in favour or against?
  6. Ario Arioldi

Capture One 8.0.1 released

Capture One 8.0.1 released: support for uncompressed file formats from Nikon D810, D4s and bug fixesFull Update Features List: Capture support • Support for uncompressed file formats from Nikon D810 and D4s Bug fixes • Fixed a issue with Template folders • Fixed an issue with reading certain...
  7. Ario Arioldi

Using Iridient Developer with Adobe Lightroom

A great update of Iridient 2.4 has been released which includes among other improvements and bug fixes a new functionality to easy integrate Iridient into a Lr or Aperture based workflow. Iridient Digital - Iridient Developer Tutorials - iPhoto Workflow Iridient Digital - Iridient Developer...
  8. Ario Arioldi

Zeiss FW for Touit lenses (X-Mount)

The firmware upgrade to version 1.03 contains the following improvements: Supports higher camera autofocus speeds Addition of compatibility with the ‘Phase Detection AF’ function available here: Firmware Upgrade Touit X-Mount | ZEISS International
  9. Ario Arioldi

Fuji Film Emulation Profiles for CO and Iridient

Icc profiles have been developed to emulate some of the Fuji profiles which can be used with Capture One and/or Iridient. The instructions for the use on Iridient have been posted by Brian Griffith (the Developer of Iridient). They are targeting X-E1 and XPRO-1 but can be used also on XT-1 and...
  10. Ario Arioldi

The OMD-EM1 sensor is Panasonic

Chipworks | Olympus OLY-E-M1_Pri-Camera Camera Module
  11. Ario Arioldi

LR 5.3 RC is out

Lightroom 5.3 RC is available for download providing support for new cameras (Olympus EM-1, Fuji XE-2, Sony A7, Sony A7r, Nikon D610...), new lenses and a number of bug corrections. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 Release Candidate | photo management software beta - Adobe Labs
  12. Ario Arioldi

Iridient support for Fuji X-Trans Files

The newest release of Iridient Developer is providing native support using proprietary demosaic processing for the Fuji X-Trans Files. The Apple conversion (already very good in my opinion) is anyhow still available as an option.
  13. Ario Arioldi

LR5 (also for Leica owners)

LR5 has been officially released and on the owners page of the Leica web site it is also available for download together with the free license for the entitled Leica customers.
  14. Ario Arioldi

Leica M (Typ 240) battery drain

I left my new M with the power switch "on" when the battery was approx 80% charged and after 6-8 hours I found the battery totally drained. The auto power off was set at 2 min as default and there was nothing around the camera which could touch the shutter button or any other button. By doing a...
  15. Ario Arioldi

Apple Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.05

The Fuiji X-Trans sensor Cameras are now supported, the Leica Monochrom is not.
  16. Ario Arioldi

New FW available for Fuji X Pro-1

A new FW is available for Fuji X-Pro-1 and for the Fujinon 35/1.4 Firmware for X-Pro1 | Fujifilm Global "Adding the compatibility with "XF14mmF2.8R". "Accuracy of auto focus performance has been much improved under a various shooting condition. Shooting with XF35mm lens, Shooting for the...
  17. Ario Arioldi

Working with catalogs (referenced) in CO7

I am exploring the different options made available with the new catalog functions of CO7 and I found a workflow problem for which I am looking for a workaround. I prefer the referenced approach because the raw file organization remains totally independent from the SW I use and I can refer to it...
  18. Ario Arioldi

Capture One 7 Built-in Styles and Presets

I have not checked everything but it seems to me that Built-in Styles and Presets are the same as in CO 6 even if the engine is substantially different and certain tools do not exist any more (e.g. surface smoothness). I have seen this also on a new machine where CO6 has never been installed. Am...
  19. Ario Arioldi

Fujinon XF Lens FW Update

A new FW, ver 2.01 for available for download from the Fuji Global Site.The Firmware update Ver.2.01 incorporates the following issues: This update will improve the accuracy of auto focus function when you push "AE-L/AF-L" button in the Manual Focus mode.
  20. Ario Arioldi

Aperture to RPP plug-in

Interesting plug in which allow to select one or more raw files from inside the Aperture library (either managed or referenced) , edit in RPP and save them back to the Aperture library. Found in the RPP Russian blog...