The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Canon EOS R video crop

1.8x crop in 4K is literally a deal-breaker for me. Nobody wanted this. I don’t even think many inside Canon wanted it but through some kind of very high-up management decision in Japan we have ended up in this shambles yet again on an important new release for video. Canon appeals to both...
  2. C

Canon EOS-1 D X Mark III

Had a chance to demo one a Mark III. Can’t speak to the IQ or focus accuracy but if you are a BBF point focuser, and I think a lot of Canon shooters still are, that optical AF ON button is a game changer. It’s not a toggle it’s more like an optical mouse it senses your thumb move around but only...
  3. C

EOS R5 Announcement

If it's a R5, then it's likely to be a 5D replacement/compliment so it should have dual slots which has dual slots since the 5D III. It'll be interesting to see if they use CFexpress card slots to handle the high-res sensor to fit in with the 1Dx III. Since the 5D Mk III it's been a cut down 1Dx...
  4. C

5d Mark iv - No Dual Pixel autofocus while recording 120fps/slow motion?

I think not. With 720p... it is all that you got. Just speed. No focus
  5. C

Canon 5D MK IV

I can confirm that. Let's see what they do with the mirrorless part
  6. C

What are the best 3 or 4 lenses for a Canon DSLR camera?

I might add Canon 100 IS Macro
  7. C

Canon EF 35/1.4 II.

It's been a while since I have this lens. And all I can say it WOW. Superb optics + colors.
  8. C

Canon 5D MK IV

Great body from Canon. I have it from about one year now. All I can say is the best DSLR body Canon produced so far!
  9. C

5d Mark iv - No Dual Pixel autofocus while recording 120fps/slow motion?

in 720p you dont have it. The focus is too slow i think!
  10. C

irix

I bought it and sent it back after one week. It is super wide but it has a lot of chromatic aberations.
  11. C

Which lenses should a Canon DSLR user own?

I think you should buy Canon EF 35 f/1.4 L II - it is the sharpest of them all.
  12. C

Raw software for Canon

I use Capture One software. it is great and it has good color rendition.
  13. C

A few with that crappy 5DSR

Nice ones. You can see the canon color science + super sharpness
  14. C

new tse lenses on the way... and still no 35mm...

You have 50 TS lens. A very good option and it is f2.8
  15. C

Canon 5Ds/5DsR

I like 5DSR super sharp. But I use 5D4 because of low light capability
  16. C

What are the best 3 or 4 lenses for a Canon DSLR camera?

I use this lenses 16-35 f4 is 24-70 f2.8 II 70-200 2.8 II IS 35 1.4 II 85 1.4 IS
  17. C

The Sigma 24-35 F2 is in and so is the review

Great review. I think this is a very usefull lens, but... what are we doing with the inconsistent autofocus?
  18. C

home made filter holder for the new 11-24mm super wide

WOW. Great job :) COKIN like :)
  19. C

brace yourselves! otus 28mm

I think it will be a great lens, but lacking the autofocus.... I will think again
  20. C

Two Canon tilt-shift images

All your images are great! I love you composition, color and contrast, everything. Good job!