The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Magnetic Filter Systems and leaf shutters

I'm looking for opinions. Does anyone know if using magnetic filters like the KASE systems will negatively effect the leaf shutters in HB or Mamiya 6/7 Lenses?
  2. M

M10 Monochrome

Thank you for the post Keith. This is helpful. I have never let LR make decisions for me before, but this may be an easy solution. I did notice that I had to set negative exposure comp. I have a White House and a white dog, so photos taken in my yard, revealed that the sensor would easily...
  3. M

M10 Monochrome

Peter the color mixer sliders are not available with M10M DNG files. Only way to simulate old fashioned color filters is to actually use them. Based on your comments above, I was hoping I missed something in LR, nope, not there. Filters sound like fun in theory. PIA in practice. I'm trying...
  4. M

M10 Monochrome

I have seen stunning results from others with the camera, and the files are super clean. But the DNG files are not close to useable out of camera. The amount of post processing for DNG files is a chore. I feel like the dng files come out of the camera with all the blacks set at 18% gray. I...
  5. M

M10 Monochrome

I have to admit that the M10M is my first M Monochrome, so I'm a total newb. I have done a lot of black and white conversions in LR using full color files (which led me to the M10M). In that case the color mixer is available to simulate using color filters on a lens. But with the M10M, even...
  6. M

M10M exposure bracketing defective?

Cjl, I agree with you. Leica needs to modify the firmware. it is perfectly reasonable to expect the shutter delay to work with bracketing. I do not carry a remote release. I have always just used the shutter delay. The less crap cluttering up my gear bag, the better, In terms of Fotos, I...
  7. M

How about some portraits

H6D100c with 150mm HC lens. 1/200, ISO 100, f5.6.
  8. M

Nikon mirrorless ?

I think the D850 vs. Z7 debate will continue, but it's really not apples to apples. I have owned the D850 since week one. It is stellar. Does everything a Pro Camera should do. I have only owned the Z7 for a day. It is also stellar, so far does everything a mirrorless camera should do, but...
  9. M

Seeking lens advice for light travel

After lugging around a full frame DSLR kit for years, any M based Leica kit seems super light. If it were my decision it would be the WATE, the gen 2 EVF, 35mm, 50mm (not the Noct) and 90mm. Adding the fourth lens increases your load by maybe a pound. I would hate to go that far and that...
  10. M

Help: Why Am I getting Darker Images than what I see on my D750

Obviously, Nikon LCD's or any DSLR are not WYSIWYG. The image on the screen is a representation of a JPEG and it's brightness is dependent on the LCD brightness. If your histogram looks good, then lower the brightness of your LCD by a few clicks. The sRGB tag is not causing a problem...
  11. M

Leica Noctilux 50 0.95 MINT

You're very welcome Steve. Also scary sending that much money. Very smooth transaction. Awesome Noct. Now if I can only learn how to focus it wide open. :)
  12. M

Leica M (typ 262) pricing?

I just think some stores have more inventory than others. Clearing out the 262's. Even the M10 has a $500 spread on Amazon. Good luck with your purchase.
  13. M

Took the 10-P plunge

I took the plunge. After placing the M10 in and out of the B&H Cart about 10 times over the last year, I hit the pay button today. I ordered the 10-P in Silver/Chrome. Steep learning cure for me. I have been shooting Nikon for 40 years and Hasselblad for the last 3 years. I also own a Fuji XPro...
  14. M

Leica Noctilux 50 0.95 MINT

pm sent
  15. M

Does Lightroom support Hasselblad H6D-100 FFF files?

Yes, LR supports the H6D100c files. They convert to .rrr when imported. LR does sometimes struggle with the file sizes. I often have a few images out of 500 imports that are corrupted. You can see preview but can't edit. Some plugins choke on the file size too. Imagenomic as an example...
  16. M

X1D: Where are we at?

I tried to shoot fashion and glamour with it. The blackout is too long. It just didn't work for me.
  17. M

Test drove the Fuji X-PRO2. I'm a fan, well sort of.

That is kind of my focus question. I can get backbutton focus by setting the camera to manual and then using the AFL button on the far right for backbutton focus. But its not a great location. I can't figure out how to swap the AFL button with the AEL button. That would be a big help. Time...