The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Shutter mode in Nikon Z7II

Hello everyone and merry christmas! I am probably missing something here, but can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please!! When i save CH+ shutter mode in my U3 "bank", my camera automatically changes the shutter mode in U1 and U2 to CH+ which is quite annoying as I use the other two...
  2. M

Remote shutter release for Z7

Not really. Looking for a simple shutter release. A simple solution. Mabye even with a cord......
  3. M

Remote shutter release for Z7

Hello!, I need a remote shutter release for my Z7ii. Probably cordless. Is the ML-L7 the best option?? Thanks Mr.Nikon
  4. M

Z7 ii clipping warning??

You are probably right. It would just be so usefull and it is something that Sony and i think also Canon offers.... We will have to see what the future brings.
  5. M

Z7 ii clipping warning??

Hello everyone. I am the happy owner of the Z7ii camera that i use for landscape photography. However i find it annoying that Nikon does not offer "zebra striping" or other clipping warning on the screen or in the viewfinder. Am i missing something here??. Or does anyone know if Nikon will fix...
  6. M

Cable release for Nikon Z7ii

Will look into the link you provided. Thank you...
  7. M

I know, but too fiddely for me.....
  8. M

Hello everyone! Just wondering, I need a cable release (or maybe a wireless) for my Nikon Z7II. However this will not allow me to use a L-bracket and shoot portrait.... Have anyone solved this problem?? Best regards Per J.
  9. M

Nikon Z7ii issue

OK, Solved it!! https://onlinemanual.nikonimglib.com/z7II_z6II/en/05_basic_settings_01.html
  10. M

Nikon Z7ii issue

Hello!, I have a small problem i hope that one of you can help me sort out. Ny Nikon Z7ii will take a photograph every time i choose a focus point on the display. I know this "feature" can be turned off. I just can't find out how!!. PLEASE help me someone... Regards Mr. Nikon
  11. M

When to use matte paper??

Hello everyone, Just curious, What kind of photographs do you think fitt well on matte paper??. I have both matte and gloss paper but use matt less and less. Any opinions on when to use matte paper?? And why and when matte is the right choice?? Best regards Mr. Nikon
  12. M

D800 upgrade to D850 or Z7ii??

Have only had little time to do some testing, (work is eating up too much of my spare-time!), but everything looks soooo promising!!. This is a fantastic camera. Mostly shooting landscapes on a tripod but the IBIS is doing a fantastic job when shooting handheld!. Thanks for your advice gyus!. I...
  13. M

Telezoom, Nikon Z ??

Has anyone heard or read anything about Nikon announcing a 70-200 F4 Z in the near future??. The 2.8 is just too expensive and i have no use for the extra stop.... Regards Per J.
  14. M

Yup!!. I did it... Went for the Z7ii, and it just arrived😁. With its 24-70 2.8 "kit" lens!!. Looking forward to some fun in the near future!! Thanks Mr.Nikon
  15. M

Thanks for all the relevant input guys!. I will talk to SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obayed) and make a decision in the very near future... Regards Per J.
  16. M

I will order a new camera in a few days. Upgrading my D800. But I'm still not sure if I should go for the D850 or the Z7ii. Doing primarily landscape. I have a number of F-mount lenses, but the Z-mount lenses are perhaps even better in the corners. And i am a sharpness-freak..... Weight and size...
  17. M

Older Nikkor lens on Z7II

Thanks guys. Will go for the Z7ii - as soon as finances and the wife allows! :) Best regards Per J.
  18. M

Older Nikkor lens on Z7II

Hello everyone. Thinking of upgrading my older D800 to the Z7II. In the beginning i would have to use my G-series Nikkor lenses via the adapter. No problem there, but here is the question: Anyone knows if there is a drop in lens-quality using the adapter for the mirrorless??. I dont want...
  19. M

The great tripod & head thread!

Hello again!, Does anyone knows if all original Arca Swiss classic camera plates and the L-bracket is so precisely manufactured that they all fit the Flip Lock on my Z1+ ballhead??. Or will i have to adjust the flip lock as is necessary with unoriginal ones... Do not want to invest in a...
  20. M

The great tripod & head thread!

Hello, Not sure if this is the right place to put my question, but i'll give it a try: I have the Gitzo GT4543LS tripod and i am very happy with it. I am now looking into a leveling base and the Gitzo base may be an option. However i would like to look into other options. Does anyone know of a...