The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FS: Lumix G Vario HD 14-140

New price bump $390 :)
  2. G

FS: Lumix G Vario HD 14-140

Hi folks, I have a rarely used pristine Panasonic Lumix G HD 14-140 in excellent condition. Comes with front and rear lens cap, lens shade, and original lens pouch. $400 includes shipping to lower 48. Additional shipping costs to Hawaii and Alaska. US sale. Reliable buyer and seller on the...
  3. G

FS: Nikon V1 kit with 10-30mm lens

It's yours gromitspapa. Thanks for the sale. Should be sending tracking number to you shortly. Thanks again! Gary
  4. G

FS: Nikon V1 kit with 10-30mm lens

Thanks everyone camera has been SOLD! Hi Folks, I am switching jobs soon and need to sell some gear. Received this Nikon V1 kit with 10-30mm lens as a gift with very light use. All accessories and original box are included. In addition, new tiffen UV filter for the lens comes included as well...
  5. G

Hi Kian, Sorry I have not been on the forum in a long while. I hope you got your question...

Hi Kian, Sorry I have not been on the forum in a long while. I hope you got your question answered. From what I have found the 21mm on the GH cameras do not have color shift or edge smearing. There is some vignetting though but the images still come out very nicely. Best, Gary
  6. G

WTB Hawk Peng c-mount m4/3 adapter

Hi folks, I'm looking to see if anyone has any interest in selling or trading their Hawk Peng aka "Hawk's Factory" c-mount to m4/3 adapter. They are making the new ones now and the old ones work great for a set of lenses that I have and I'm looking for at least one more and they just don't make...
  7. G

Fun with Contax G lenses on m43

Very sneaky seakayaker! Lovely and funny. I'm sure with your GF1 they never even knew you were there. :)
  8. G

Thanks everyone for your inspiration with the many beautiful stills with Contax G glass. Thought it would be nice to add to this thread and post some moving images as well. Here's a little piece shot with the Contax G 28mm lens and a Raynox HD-6600PRO wide angle adapter. I cut off the legs of...
  9. G

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

As the new line of m4/3 cameras crop up for the holidays, there may be some interested in using the Contax G 28mm lens. Here's a quick visual demo on how that's done. http://vimeo.com/16445170
  10. G

I don't have pictures but here's how I did it with the Metabones adapter. 5mm from the tip of the leg was good clearance with the Metabones adapter. I think it should be the same clearance even using other adapters as well. You can check the instructions of how I cut mine here...
  11. G

Big m4/3 Sale Panasonic GF1; 20mm; 17mm

pmed on 20mm lens :)
  12. G

FS Monza Contax G to m4/3 adapter

Price drop $75 including shipping and paypal to lower 48.
  13. G

This is the geared brass thumbwheel as seen in the contax g m4/3 threads. http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11575 -G
  14. G

price drop $100 including shipping and paypal to lower 48. Thanks for looking!
  15. G

This is a used Monza adapter. It is a solid performer on my 45mm and 90mm. I've just got the Metabones on all my lenses so the monza adapter is looking for a good home. It is light weight and works well. $125 including shipping and paypal to lower 48. Thanks! Gary
  16. G

Great stuff seakayaker. You are really just having a ball with your Contax G lenses. I took just a few quick run of the mill Philly landscapes at f/8 with the 21mm lens. I think it holds up pretty well. There's a tiny bit of fall off and vignetting when I look and compare all my pics using...
  17. G

Sounds good Sho, I'll see if I can do that this weekend. :) I can live with a little corner softness. I'm hoping that we'll find some good results.
  18. G

So I was brave and took my time but I cut off the legs (5mm) off each of my 28mm and 21mm Contax G lenses. When I put them on the Metabones adapter I do not see the heavy vignetting that I've seen with the other adapters. Could this be true? Could this adapter give us edge to edge sharpness...
  19. G

Yup, I couldn't agree more seakayaker. I know it's probably sacrilegious but I took a deep breathe and cut off my legs on the 21mm and 28mm. Now here's the weird thing. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I attached the Metabones adapter to both the 21mm and the 28mm and I'm seeing very...
  20. G

Metabones adapter & indiSYSTEM SNAP! Gear - Pulling Focus with Contax G Lenses

Re: Metabones adapter & indiSYSTEM SNAP! Gear - Pulling Focus with Contax G Lenses Hey seakayaker! Always enjoy your beautiful Contax G pics. Probably one of the reasons that kept me holding out for better solutions for this very fine lens. You can contact Tim Ovel at [email protected]...