The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Leica M8 Grip

_1070222.jpg by reed_flickr (www.creativeobjective.com), on Flickr Leica Hand Grip for Leica M8 (model #14472). Bought new in August, 2012. Used a couple of times. Looks like new. A few tiny marks on bottom film from mounting on tripod (just slight impressions). $160 Paypal fees included...
  2. R

Leica M8 - Back from Leica Check-Up Today!

Leica M8, later serial no. 3329XXX, just arrived home today from Leica NJ. There was no issue at all; I merely took advantage of the service special, in order to get one year coverage. Takes spectacular images. _1070216.jpg by reed_flickr (www.creativeobjective.com), on Flickr It's used...
  3. R

A Mini-Project - Perfection Lost

I've written a little bit about photographing flowers, which has been done to such an extent that it's nearly impossible for me to do something unique. Here's a case in point, with some lovely lotuses, lovely, yet this could be anyone's image: L1004665.jpg by reed_flickr...
  4. R

Complete eBook on DMC-G3 Available for Free Download

I finally finished my ebook on how I set up and use the Lumix DMC-G3. Download all five chapters here for free: DMC-365 - My Year with Lumix Camera Equipment: Final Two Chapters of My Free G3 Settings eBook Available For Download! Get the Whole eBook Here, Free! Enjoy! Reed DMC-365.blogspot.com
  5. R

Free Download - First Installment of DMC-G3 Settings Manual

For any G3 users out there, I have posted the first installment of an ebook I'm putting together about how I set up and use my Lumix G3. I go through detailed settings, and explain not only how I set them, but why. You may not agree with my settings, but at least you'll know what you're...
  6. R

New Lumix Lens Technology Site

Have you all seen this new Lumix Lens site? Great Lenses Make Great Cameras. | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global It has a lot of information about Lumix lens technology, their collaboration with Leica, etc. I hope it has't already been posted here; I didn't find it in a search. Reed...
  7. R

Excellent Talk by Jodi Cobb, Nat Geo Photographer, Last Night

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending a talk by Jodi Cobb at the National Geographic Live's Masters of Photography Series, in Washington, DC. Jodi has been everywhere, and is expert in getting deep into secret societies, showing the human perspective. She has documented the highs and...
  8. R

Photo Recovery from Tsunami-Stricken Japanese Coast

I read this story about a Japanese photographer (and team) restoring and documenting personal photos recovered from the wreckage of last year's tsunami. I find it inspirational, both from a human perspective, and from a photographer's perspective: DMC-365 - My Year with Lumix Camera Equipment...
  9. R

Ice Photography

With cold weather, one has to take what's available, right? I've posted a few ice images, and a link to an article regarding ice photography at: http://dmc-365.blogspot.com/2012/01/ice-photography.html P1050603_8x12_240dpi by reed_flickr (www.creativeobjective.com), on Flickr Reed...
  10. R

US Civil War Site - The Old Stone House

On my blog today, I show a few images taken at the Old Stone House at Manassas battlefield in Virginia, taken with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3: http://dmc-365.blogspot.com/2012/01/old-stone-house-at-manassas-national.html Reed DMC-365.blogspot.com
  11. R

Surprising (Good) Performance From G3 at iso 6400

Hi Everyone, I took my new G3 to a concert the other night, and shot at iso6400 with the Lumix 100-300 f4-5.6 zoom. Not your typical concert rig, right? Pretty slow f-stop. I thought I'd give the G3 a worst-case low light scenario. I think it came through in flying colors...
  12. R

Hyperfocal Setting on Lumix Cameras

I was able to find out that the DMC-GF1 automatically sets hyperfocal distance if you set the f-stop, put the camera in manual focus mode, then cycle the power. I have not completely confirmed that the same works on the G3, but a quick test now sure looks that way. I have a post on this on my...
  13. R

DMC-LX5 images

I sure hope I'm not missing something obvious, but I don't see an LX5 image post. Here's a start of one: First two shots are HDR (which is so easy, especially now that I've set it up as one of my custom settings). Remainder are single images. P1030017_HDR.jpg by reed_flickr...
  14. R

Back in Love with an Old Leica

After a hiatus, I spent Sunday morning with a friend, and my Leica IIIC (wartime) and Summitar 50mm f2 (uncoated). Here's a pic, and a link to the set. All were shot on Fuji iso400 print film. Untitled-4-2.jpg by reed_flickr, on Flickr Set link...
  15. R

WTB: Voigtlander Heliar 75mm

Looking for a 75/2.5 screwmount lens. Also interested in UV/IR filter for use on M8. Glass must be perfect. Body condition less important. PM me, or email at [email protected] Thanks Reed
  16. R

Cheers for Leica Service USA!

After all of the reviews I've read about Leica Service in NJ, I think I owe them a positive one. My second hand M8 developed a vertical red line. I was completely honest with them, letting them know I was not the original owner, and sent along several images for their review with my camera...
  17. R

M4/3 photography trip report, Yanaka, Tokyo, Japan

I quickly scanned the forum rules and didn't see any issues with posting a link to a little trip report I wrote on another forum. If I missed it, please remove this posting, and accept my apology. However, I thought the M4/3 users here may be interested as well. Comments and criticism are...
  18. R

Show your Pano Crops!

Here are a couple of mine from yesterday: Bigger (Click Here) Thermonuclear Sunset Bigger (Click Here) Lumix G1, 14-140 Reed
  19. R

Lumix LX2 Macros - from kayak

I've taken up kayaking recently - much too late of a start, actually. I really enjoy it, and find it relaxing as well as physically invigorating. My favorite little cam to carry in my waterproof bag is the Lumix LX2. Here are a couple of closeups I shot this morning while paddling around. I...
  20. R

Just shipped off my 'lux

Thought I'd share a danger of upgrading to digital - the ability to rapidly test your lenses! My new (used) M8 focuses very well with my Summicron 50. However, I've noticed that I'm just not pleased with the images from my Summilux 35 (pre-aspheric) on the camera. Yesterday, I did a little...