The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

Lens cap query makers and suppliers wanted

I use the "K&F Concept" metal caps off Amazon for all front caps with threads. They sit firm (screwed on) so I know I can grab the lens quickly without the cap falling off (or staying in my hand, the lens flying..). As an added benefit, my Apo-Sironar-S 150 and my Fuji W 150 fit into the...
  2. B

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

Castle Devin on the Slovakia / Austria border, the Danube in the foreground. M11M / 35 APO with yellow filter, shot at f16 (what diffraction...?)
  3. B

Share your Tree Photos

Another very windy and cold day on the lake.
  4. B

WTB: Digital Back in AFI/HY6 Mount

The company does not really exist anymore. I understand that Hans is out (poor health, his mobile number is switched off). His daughter Katarina (the CEO) apparently has no interest in continuing the company. There is still Rolf who can service the Hy6 bodies but he may be out of parts / not...
  5. B

Yes, the Hy6 with the 180mm SK Tele-Xenar, with a close-up ring, and the Credo 80 make an amazing combination for portraits. I also like the 45 deg finder when shooting portraits - it's not as much "camera in your face" like for instance the XF with the 150 BR. The 35 ISO is limiting and the...
  6. B

Yep, mine is the Credo 80 in Hy6 mount. Bought from Eric Hiss two years ago. These do not come for sale very often (most Credo 80s for sale are M645 mount). It is still awesome, especially the very quick and intuitive display / ergonomics.
  7. B

Hi, I sent you a PM. Credo 80 in Hy6 mount. Based in EU.
  8. B

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

I've been using the same setup with Cascable. Before I delve into the specs, what benefits are there to using C1 Mobile vs. Cascable when shooting?
  9. B

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

Oops, looks like I set off an avalanche this morning. I know the lens is listed as available in 2 days on the Hasselblad EU website but I am hesitant to buy it direct. Partly because I appreciate my dealer's support and also because it is an expensive item and I prefer to deal with a human being...
  10. B

Just to add my two cents of information. Got feedback from my dealer today that the 90V lens is not available, there is no advice from Hasselblad as to likely shipping dates and there is a long waiting list. Looks like something is broken in the supply chain.
  11. B

Kirche am Steinhof, also called the Church of St. Leopold, is the Roman Catholic oratory of the Otto-Wagner-Spital in the area of Steinhof in Vienna, Austria. The building, designed by Otto Wagner, is considered one of the most important Art Nouveau churches in the world. XT/IQ4150/32mm.
  12. B

Can you explain what software is used to get this image

Heavy frequency separation and dodge and burn in Photoshop is my guess.
  13. B

Nuraghe near Arzachena, Sardinia, in 2019. Leica SL with 16-35 zoom.
  14. B

Share your Tree Photos

Pinus nigra (Austrian black pine). The "Sesselbäume" near Ternitz, Austria. Why somebody nailed a meaningless plaque saying "natural monument" directly into the bark is beyond me. This unusual growth form was created by human hands - the trees likely served as pasture fences when they were young...
  15. B

The 1909 hydro power station at Puchberg am Schneeberg, Austria. Rodenstock 32mm on XT. Frame averaging to get fluffy water. Interesting trivia: the power station is one of the three oldest in Austria; it is still operating the original turbines (and its water usage permit is apparently tied to...
  16. B

The Phase One XT 150mm HO-S SB Lens – First Impressions

Looks like a wonderful lens, even though I preferred the single images shot with the 40mm lens to the stitched panos taken with the 150mm.
  17. B

From today's walk to castle Seebenstein, Lower Austria (XT, 32mm). This frame was the only one where sunshine hit the gate in the forefront. Three hikers were approaching along the path from the castle just as the sun came out - I waved them through to hurry up away from the frame. They took my...
  18. B

Please advise the esteemed forum members which technical camera system I should invest in for landscape photography

I am very happy with the XT. The simplicity, robustness, speed of setup and break-down, no cables. Helpful dealer locally. Easy to take out from a backpack and throw it back in. As for the limitations of shift - afaik, not all XT lenses have sufficient image circle to benefit from more shift. I...
  19. B

I bought the 38 and 55 together with the X2D soon after launch. When I went to visit my Hasselblad dealer in Vienna last month, on an unrelated matter, he had a new 90 available which I could buy if I'd wanted to (I did not since have the 80 already). Did not realise the lenses were in such...
  20. B

As of late, I've been taking inspiration from the wonderful engravings by the great masters Albrecht Dürer and Gustave Doré. From today's pleasant hike to the ruined castle Pottenburg on the border between Austria and Slovakia.