The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Recommended EOS to M4/3 adapter please.

Hi everyone, Can anyone recommend a good EOS adapter for my lumix gh. My googling doesnt seem to yeild any good results. The one that keeps on coming up is the kipon one with the built in aperture blades. But something tells me that this isn't an ideal solution to controling aperture. Next...
  2. M

Compatable super FP mode wireless flash units?

Hi everyone, I have a gh2 with fl-50r flash and a cactus V5 duo wirelss unit. I have just realised that super FP mode does not work with the cactus unit which was one of the main reasons why i went wireless. Doesnt have the exta contacts. It just wont go over 1/160 even though it says...
  3. M

Beginner - Equipment for product photography suggestions

Hi I am a designer that has just been asked by a client to start doing small to medium sized product photography for them...ie downlights and powersupplies. They are more than happy to pay for the equipment to get things going with the intention that I can keep it after I work off the hrs for...
  4. M

Light stand & Umbrella Brackets suggestions please

I am a beginner and in the market for some half decent light stands and umbrella brackets as well as umbrellas to experiment with off camera lighting. Any recommendations? One thing that has me concerned is the the number of umbrella brackets on ebay. A lot appear to have the mounting hole...
  5. M

aspect ratios and portraits?

this may seem strange and quite possibly real elementary but i have begun building my tumblr site and have noticed something that really confuses me. I generally shoot in 3:2 and didn't think much of it until today when i started test posting portrait shots. to my eye 3:2 looks perfectly fine...
  6. M

Addonics esata pocket card reader, your thoughts?

Hi everyone, I just purchased a new laptop that happens to have an esata port. No luck as of yet in finding a USB3 card reader but I did come across the Addonics esata/usb pocket digidrive card reader. Here is an old review i found...
  7. M

M4/3 and flash photography?

Hi everyone, I am considering trying some flash portraiture/model photography with my gh1. I think it would help a lot with dynamic poses. From my limited understanding of everything in general, the gh1 isn't well suited with syncing with flashes is that correct? Just after some valuable...
  8. M

Tips for setting up dpi for printing please.

Hi again, quick question as i dont know much about this but is there a rule of thumb in regards to dpi when exporting for printing? how do i down size the original 2752 x 4128 image to print on say 500 x 750 to fit onto A4 for optimum printing at home on an epson or to a printshop. 300dpi at...
  9. M

Nikon F mount adapter recomendations please

Hi Can anyone recommend a good nikon F mount to M4/3 adapter. I recently purchased a tamron lens with a nikon mount which i think is an F mount because the previous owner used it on his D70. I really don't know anything about mounts. Prices vary from $20-$90AUD and they all look the same so...
  10. M

Beginner Q- M6 the same as 3/8ths?

Just a really quick and mabye a dumb question, but is an M6 thread the same as the conventional 3/8ths thread? I im looking at purchasing a RRS QR clamp and the only options I have are 1/4 or M6 thread size. I would much prefer the larger so i have the option to fix it on a 1/4 thread via...
  11. M

macro rail thingy recommendations please

hey everyone, just wondering if anyone can recommend a not so expensive macro rail thingy that allows you to adjust forward back as well as side to side. I have seen some on ebay like this one but don't know how steady/solid they are...
  12. M

More banding in RAW than JPEG GH1?

Back on the banding bandwagon again. I started off shooting jpegs when I first got the camera, then i got into LR and colour grading so I began shooting in RAW to get the most out of IQ. Banding/Fixed pattern noise has become a big annoyance to me with the GH1 in the photography department. I...
  13. M

Does GF1 G1 have fixed pattern noise like GH1?

I love my GH1, especially the video, but its a love hate relationship. Pictures are fantastic but the fixed pattern noise in underexposed areas/shadows just plain sucks. Even when I make sure i expose correctly it will pop up in some small area within the picture. It has become the one main...
  14. M

RRS G1/GH1 L bracket, who has one?

Popped my head in the RRS site and was happy to see that they have now made a G1/GH1 specific L bracket. Just wanted to see if anyone on here is using one and how do they find it. Any ergonomic quirks? It looks like it lets the screen articulate like normal but wanted to confirm with someone...
  15. M

Higher shutter speed with flash GH1

This may sound like a strange question and I may be missing something in terms of how to use my camera but how does one bump up their shutter speed using the on board flash? It seems to limit itself to 160th. I want to say for example take a shot of a person or object standing infront of a...
  16. M

Beginner Tripod heads and Quick release tips?

Hi everyone, another novice brain picking question about tripod heads and quick release systems so I'll try to keep it short and sweet. Ok so I wanted to get a Miller DS10 tripod fluid head kit for my GH1 because I mainly do video but it might be overkill. It was suggested that I should...
  17. M

Beginner-tips to clean a lens

Hi all, yet another beginner question. I just got myself a used lens and the front element has some circular cleaning smears on it especially right on the edge where its harder to clean and a slight buildup has occurred. Can anyone give me some tips on what I should or should not do/use? It...
  18. M

Beginner equipment recommendations

Hi again, I'm in the market for some equipment for my GH1 and as I have no clue whatsoever, I once again turn to you guys for some priceless advice. Ok so I am after a complete setup from tripod to quick release but not sure about head as my main use of the camera will be for video but I'd...
  19. M

Beginner - quick tips on taking pics

Ok, so I got this really odd request from a friend to take some pics at a funeral. I have no photography background at all other than happy snaps. She is fully aware of this but still i would like to do a good job at it. I think i am quite good at composition, though it may be too arty for a...
  20. M

General C mount sensor sizes?

So I've begun shopping around for those industry cctv lenses and I have noticed that they are generally made for 2/3" sensors with the odd 1" sensor. Obviously I'd want to go for the larger one but just curious as to what were the sensor sizes for those old 16mm cmount lenses that everyone is...