The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. tenmangu81

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

I am not interested in the 28P, as, on my X1D II, magenta cast would need to make an LCC and I am too lazy to do it, but an XCD24 would be perfect for me...... without magenta cast ;)
  2. tenmangu81

Mirrors, Viewfinders, Sensors, and Orientation

🤣 🤣 You probably know the Einstein's sentence about the Universe infinity: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not yet completely sure about the universe."
  3. tenmangu81

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

Yes Steve, thanks, but it's not so easy to find the part of the image you want to focus on while zooming when you look through the EVF. I agree that it's easier when you use the screen rather than the EVF, as you have then an overall view of the scene looking at it.
  4. tenmangu81

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

I wear glasses, too, and until now used 50% zoom manual focusing on EVF, and it works wonderfully, but only on the selected AF zone, of course. So, I have to try focus peaking which gives a general view of what is focused and what is not.
  5. tenmangu81

Fun with MF images 2024

So, I understand you sold it, eventually....
  6. tenmangu81

Yes, Feynman books are really fantastic !! You have the impression (just the impression) to understand all physics when reading them. An other of my favorite lectures is (was...) the Landau and Lifshitz's series. But then you don't have the impression to understand physics at all, and I remember...
  7. tenmangu81

Thanks Matt, you are awesome and very good at explaining complex problems, and even better at explaining simple problems !! Just one more thing ( ;) ) : there is a symmetry operation in geometry and 3D group theory which is "mirror" and results in transforming an "as seen" (not only by eyes)...
  8. tenmangu81

Fun with MF images 2024

And a wonderful range of sepia tones, too !!
  9. tenmangu81

Fun with MF images 2024

Hasselblad X1D II XCD55V
  10. tenmangu81

Any Hasselblad users just use Phocus and nothing else?

What I can't understand (by now...) is that histograms of the same file (not any adjustment for fff) opened in Camera Raw are not the same for fff and 3FR on MY computer (MacBook Pro M1 14", Ventura 14.3.1). fff files are a little bit darker, but histograms end in superposing when increasing a...
  11. tenmangu81

Hasselblad XCD Lens focus speeds

I have the 55V, the 45P, and I had (just sold) the XCD65. The two former are great, the 45P is a little better in the corners than the 55V, and they are both very easy to manual focus (not by wire). The XCD65 is, by far, one of the best lenses I've ever had, but difficult to manual focus, slow...
  12. tenmangu81

Fun with MF images 2024

Was it Soup speaking ? Good guess !
  13. tenmangu81

Fun with MF images 2024

Spring in Berlin Hasselblad X1D II + XCD55V
  14. tenmangu81

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Hasselblad 500C/M Zeiss Planar 80mm Ilford Delta 100 Bir-Hakeim Bridge, Paris, France
  15. tenmangu81

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

Good job, indeed !! The guy at the right looks very much like Albert Einstein, when he was young....
  16. tenmangu81

Restore old faded photos---Remember Digital ROC?

Your graphics card seems to me rather old, and your issue could come from it. Otherwise, you could use Photoshop (recent versions) to get the expected results with the new Neural Filters. As I don't know ROC, I can't tell you how it could work on your computer, and if an old Photoshop version...
  17. tenmangu81

Fun with MF images 2024

Reichstag Dome, Berlin X1D II + XCD55V
  18. tenmangu81

Restore old faded photos---Remember Digital ROC?

Do you mean 32 MB or 32 GB for your RAM ? And what is your graphics card ? For Photoshop 2024 and all the AI capacities to be effective, you need a good RAM and a recent graphics card (for a PC).
  19. tenmangu81

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

There is a beta function which appeared some time ago in Photoshop 2024 which does a very good job. Just go to Neural filters.... and restoration, at the bottom of the menu.
  20. tenmangu81

The XCD 90V isn't just Hasselblad's finest lens – it could be the finest lens we've ever tested

Agree. Some people, here and there, were disappointed with the new V series, namely the 38V and the 55V, in such a way that they decided to return them. This is not what I experienced with my 55V, which is very, very good, even at the edges. But then, QC must be questioned, and this is not...