The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

Utah State Capitol, Hasselblad X1Dll 28P lens.
  2. D

xcd 38 experiences, and compared to 30 and 45

Thanks. A good article. We can get too caught up in all this. My friend who owns as X2D I've seen many of his images and even though I haven't done a side by side comparison the differences between the cameras is not that great when it comes to image quality. Yes the X2D is ever so slightly...
  3. D

I had to wonder when the V lenses were released it seemed like after a short period of time they weren't availble for many months. Did they detect some issues with the new designs then postpone deliveries until things were resolved? Who knows. I would say with this 38V being the only V lens...
  4. D

Yes I do understand that. From what I've read even the older XCD lenses give as high of quality image as the new V lenses. I would way my 38V lens is not any better than my 28P, 45P and 65mm lenses when it comes to image quality. but of course that could be because of the 50mp sensor.
  5. D

I've been taking photographs large and medium format film for more than 50 years and the X1Dll I've owned less than 2 years is the very first digital capture that had ever impressed me. And the only one I ever bought. That's why I love it and can purchase other lenses from time to time. I have...
  6. D

O really? Can you describe what that difference would be? A friend of mine has an X2D with older as well as a V lens and hasn't commented about seeing anything difference in image quality.
  7. D

Here's a test I shot with the 38V lens at F2.5. Maybe hard to see in this small jpeg but in the original TIFF from Phocus 2 the corners are as sharp as the center.
  8. D

I’ve been using the Hasselblad 38v lens on my X1Dll body for about 2 weeks now. It’s a very unique lens with it’s angle of view that I enjoy greatly. The focusing and shutter are as quiet as my 28P lens. Because of its faster speed of F2.5 the optimum F stops for image quality are in the F5.6...
  9. D

FS Hasselblad X1Dll body.

I’m selling a Hasselblad X1Dll body in excellent condition. Less than 2 years old and well cared for. All functions work perfectly and just had the sensor professionally cleaned. Includes all original packaging including written instructions and unused Hasselblad custom strap. There is an...
  10. D

Should add Phocus 2 version 3.8 was used.
  11. D

I used Phocus 2 for this test. No Scene Calibration was used.
  12. D

Yes the uncorrected sample does show a color shift. The corrected version may appear to not be quite neutral in color but that must be from this site. When I open the corrected version in PS using the densitometer tool all areas of the image are RGB 189. No change over the entire format.
  13. D

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

"Mausoleum"
  14. D

I've found no color cast using the 28P on my X1Dii. I've included results from a test I made with the 28P shot at F4. Processed using Phocus 2. As you can see the correction couldn't be better. Perfectly even and perfectly neutral color over entire frame.
  15. D

Dawn at the sea

Seal Rock
  16. D

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Yes the silence and speed of auto focus and shutter amazed me as well with the 28P.
  17. D

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Yes I think you're right.
  18. D

Hasselblad XCD 28P

I should mention my camera is the X1Dii model.