The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

EM-10 - B&W - Clove Lake Park

Both pictures taken at Clove Lake Park, Staten Island, NY with the EM10 and the 14-42IIR lens. One was an OOC JPEG done by the Picture Story in the camera. Other was also an OOC JPEG but the B&W conversion was done through Aperture using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2. Comments Welcome.
  2. S

Lens suggestion for Memphis/Nashville trip

I just got the EM10 (replaced EP5) and deciding whether to take that or the Stylus 1 on a long weekend trip to Memphis (ELVIS!!!!) and Nashville. When I got the Stylus 1 I planned on that being my vacation camera, but I have been so impressed with the size and IQ of the EM10, I think I will take...
  3. S

Some more EM10 shots

I posted some more shots from my first two days with the EM10 to a Flickr set. The weather is still a bit chilly here in NYC so these were basically indoors with my two favorite models - my grandson and doggie. Comments/questions welcome. Olympus EM10 - a set on Flickr
  4. S

First Impressions - EM-10

Just picked up my new EM-10 (Silver) from Adorama this afternoon and some initial impressions. Decided not to read the manual yet - just went through my basic setup that I have used on my previous Olympus m4/3 cameras. (This replaces my EP-5 if anyone cares.) Body build seems very nice and...
  5. S

For those of you suffering through Arctic Vortex 2 (like me)

For those of you suffering through Arctic Vortex 2 (like me), here are three shots taken this past weekend of the Deerfield Beach Fishing Pier in Florida (before we were stupid enough to return to NYC). Olympus Stylus 1. Two with Art Filters, (Grainy B&W and Dynamic Tone) third was RAW and...
  6. S

Stylus 1 shoots "Boardwalk Empire"

Any fans of the HBO show "Boardwalk Empire". Two seasons ago they shot several scenes in a small diner with Chip - and I know of at least one with Nucky. Well - the diner was built in an area of Staten Island called Historic Richmondtown. They actually used several other of the old buildings for...
  7. S

Stylus 1 RAW (my second attempt at liking Olympus Viewer)

Decided to make another attempt to process some Stylus 1 RAW files using Olympus Viewer 3 (can't wait for Apple to update Aperture!!!!). Program is still slow and clunky in my eyes, but it does a nice job. Wanted to see if you could get more detail out of the RAW files - rather than OOC JPEGs...
  8. S

Winter 2014 (Stylus 1 - BEWARE ART FILTERS IN USE!!!)

Winter 2014. Olympus Stylus 1 with Dramatic Tone Art Filter applied. View from our deck looking south on Staten Island, NYC.
  9. S

Christmas Lights - Dycker Heights Brooklyn - Olympus Stylus 1

Dycker Heights Brooklyn is known throughout NYC as going all-out (some say competitive) with their Christmas decorations. Took a walk through the area last night. All taken with new Olympus Stylus 1. OOC JPEGs - imported into Aperture and just resized for posting. Very impressed with the camera...
  10. S

Initial impressions - EP5

I just replaced my EM5 with the EP5 and am very happy so far. (Before someone asks why I would do that. I replaced my EP3 with the EM5 but not for the EVF, for the other improvements. Only used the EVF, even on the EM5, when I used manual focusing lenses, so I don't miss it being built in.) The...
  11. S

Only in New York City!!!

Spent some time in Times Square. Oly,pus EM5 with 12-50 & 40-150 lenses. Shot RAW and processes in Aperture. Comments welcome, Steve Only In New York!!! - a set on Flickr
  12. S

IR Converted EPL1 - Clove Lake Park

IR Converted EPL-1 with Pana 20mm lens. Unfortunately not a bright sunny day (actually fairly cloudy), but it gave me a chance to play with the new toy and to try to improve my PS RAW techniques on the processing of the IR shots. Comments welcome, Steve
  13. S

Olympus Digital Camera Updater???

I was on Olympus' site (recently got a used EPL1 & 9-18 m4/3 lens and wanted to check if there were any firmware updates for either) and Olympus Master 2 was running slower than it usually does. I saw that Olympus back in February released something called the "Olympus Digital Camera Updater"...
  14. S

Olympus 14-150 vs 40-150 AF/IQ Question

For anyone who had/has used the 40-150 (I have the second, smaller version) with the adapter on any of the Olympus m4/3 cameras and has used/tried the 14-150: How does the AF of the older lens compare to the new m4/3 version? How about IQ of the two lenses? I have the EP2 (and just picked up...
  15. S

Just got the micro 9-18 and the EPL1!!!

Was looking for a used EP1 to convert for infrared shooting and found a great deal from a guy selling a practically new EPL1/14-42/9-18/ext. mic and a cute little Olympus backpack. Since I wanted the 9-18 to go with my EP2, I jumped. Was having fun with the ELP1 - not sent for conversion yet -...
  16. S

Converting a m4/3 camera to IR question

I have an EP2 and will shortly be picking up a used EPL1 (planned on getting an EP1 but the deal on the EPL1 was better). Question is I want to convert one to an IR only camera. I love the EP2 and have never handled the EPL1. To those who have owned/used both - which would you keep as a "normal"...
  17. S

Little Italy Street Fair w/EP2

Walked along Mulberry Street, Little Italy, NYC after dinner with the EP2 & the Pana 20mm. Shot in RAW, ISO 1600, processed in LR3 with a little noise reduction. Comments welcome, Steve
  18. S

Tree Meets Car

For those who did not know, the New York area was hit by one of the worst late winter Noreasters in recent memory. (Some forecasters were actually comparing it to the historical Perfect Storm that hit Maine/Newfoundland and had a movie made of it because this was actually 4 lows coming together...
  19. S

EP2 + Pana 20mm + Grainy B&W Art Filter

Since I got the E30, the Grainy B&W has been my favorite filter. And I really like the combination of the EP2 and the 20mm. Great for indoors/nighttime and low-light in general. Taken at a Coliccho & Sons Restaurant (formerly Craft Steak) in the Meatpacking District of Manhattan. Thanks...
  20. S

Eyes are the windows to the soul

Is that true for pets? I certainly think so. EP2 - Panasonic 20mm - Pin Hole Art Filter. Comments welcome, Steve