The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

E-M1 and 12-40mm f/2.8

One thing I saw that is rather interesting is the HDR label on the knob on the left side of the pentaprism. I wonder if they now have built in HDR as seen in some other DSLR's (Canon 5D mark3 for example). I am probably more interested in the lens though. I can't wait to see comparisons to...
  2. C

State of mFT today

I am loving my E-M5. With the great wide angle zooms (7-14 and 9-18), fast zooms (12-35 and 35-100), high quality primes (12mm, 25mm 45mm 75mm) and great macro lenses (45mm and 60mm), the system is getting to be rather complete. The one thing I would like to see in the lens category that would...
  3. C

Show or tell us: your OMD with grip (Oly or Milich)

I bought the RRS grip/L-plate setup after it became readily available as I was fed up with removing the HLD-6 grip to change batteries. Plus, I have wanted a good L-plate option. I liked it so much that I sold my HLD-6.
  4. C

OMD + Panasonic 12-35 2.8, good combination ?

Well if I wanted greater range in a single lens, the Olympus 4/3 12-60mm would be the one. I find I use the 12-35mm a lot and it covers what I want most of the time.
  5. C

Olympus 60mm F2.8 Macro is an impressive lens

I agree. The Olympus 60mm macro is really good.
  6. C

OMD + Panasonic 12-35 2.8, good combination ?

So yes the Panasonic are expensive, but I have paid much more money for fast high quality zooms from Canon and others in the past. Sure there are all the equivalence arguments, but to me this is not so bad. And it focuses fast, unlike converted 4/3 lenses, and goes to 12mm. So I am very happy...
  7. C

2 new Panasonic lenses announced - 42.5mm 1.2 and 150mm 2.8

I am more interested in the 150mm f2.8. That look awesome. Too bad these will be on sale in 2013/2014. That is a long time from now.
  8. C

In terms of grip choice, I decided to stay with the HLD-6 for now as I find I prefer both parts of the grip. Mainly, because it rests in my hand better. First, the additional vertical grip portion gives something for my pinkie finger to hook on. Without the vertical portion I find there is...
  9. C

I also received such an email, but it was the L-plate to go onto the OMD+HLD-6 that they abandoned. They are going forward with the modular l-plate and grip to go directly on the OMD.
  10. C

There is also a Really Right Stuff Grip and L-Plate combo. RRS Grip I use the HLD-6.
  11. C

Fun with the Panasonic 12-35 f2.8

Great shots for through glass at an aquarium! That is always challenging. Olympus has shown their housing and Nauticam has released a housing as well. The Nauticam housing looks really good, but at $1300 + ports for various lenses, this gets expensive very quickly. But what underwater system...
  12. C

Rich, Great images! Were those with an underwater housing or at an aquarium? I am asking as I am looking into a housing for my OMD and am looking at ports for various lenses. Curious about what others are using. Cliff
  13. C

I did not see it as I needed the 12-35. I used 24-70 f2.8 lenses a lot myself in the past and I liked the image quality I got from those zoom lenses. A 12-35 and 35-100 would be a fantastic pair that would cover a huge range in a relatively small package. I also have the 12-50 that came with...
  14. C

The OMD and 12-35 are quite a combo. Just got my 12-35 today. This last year has really filled out the quality glass in m4/3. I think the 12-35 is a keeper. True these are expensive. I did sell off my GH2 and some older zooms to make way for the OMD & 12-35, including a 14-140 and the...
  15. C

Eagerly awaiting mine. But given Panasonic and their delivery in the US, that could be a while...
  16. C

Sony does micro 4/3

Ken, I agree with you on this. The menue's were one of my concerns with the E-M5, but in use I have found them to be pretty straight forward. The super control panel is a very effective. I find any new camera takes a while to get used to, but this has not been a difficult transition for me...
  17. C

Official Olympus 75mm f1.8 images here

Pretty impressive actually. They state that "The Olympus 75mm ƒ/1.8 is one of the sharpest lenses we've ever tested. It is tack-sharp even wide open at ƒ/1.8, gets a little sharper through to ƒ/8, and stays sharp even stopped down to ƒ/16." The data supports that as well. I have an order in...
  18. C

rumour of 2 new Oly lenses at Photokina

I would prefer an Olympus 12-60 f/2.8-4.0 over the Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 simply to have the greater range in one lens. I loved my former Canon 24-105mm L f4.0 which had great range for a single lens. I may wait on the Panasonic 12-35 to see if this is real before spending the cash on the...
  19. C

New Modular L Plate for GX1 from RRS

The trick I found with the SD card is to press it in and the slip your finger off to shot it out. It does not completely eject, but sticks out further making it easier to grab. Cliff
  20. C

New Modular L Plate for GX1 from RRS

Did that before as well! They probably have a tough choice as they need to sell enough to support the design costs. It has gotten easier with the 3D scanning systems that allow them to quickly render a camera body very accurately. Cliff