The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

How many A850/A900 shooters are going to hold on to their cameras?

Until mine falls apart! :ROTFL:
  2. J

A77 Studio shoot problem

Maybe this is the thread: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1037&message=39490505
  3. J

A77 Studio shoot problem

There is a setting you have to turn on/off on the A-77 for studio shooting. Don't recall what is is. (Don't have one, but heard it mentioned on DPreview). Something to do with the viewfinder/lcd. HTH :)
  4. J

Do you use in-camera Sony DRO?

I use it sparingly when I shoot jpegs. I hardly shoot jpegs.:D
  5. J

From Canon 5d > A850

I find that if I need to smooth skin a bit, I use the sharpness and luminance slider in Lightroom and work with the masking a bit. Once you have it down to your preference, you can create a preset.:)
  6. J

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ Indeed, a nice quiet place to enjoy photographs! Wish I had some to contribute.:confused:
  7. J

Contax G to NEX adapter at Amazon

I guess in that other post I could have listed the link. Oh well, it was for the SpyderLenscal. I have since gotten it and it is wonderful for checking lenses and setting micro focus . http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-cb-spyderlenscal.php
  8. J

Sony A850 2 questions Focus Screen/Af adjust

Anybody try this tool yet? I'm planning on getting one and doing my lens for my A-900.:)
  9. J

A900/A850 firmware 2.0 is out!

I'd like to know second!::salute:
  10. J

A900/A850 firmware 2.0 is out!

Maybe I'm missing something here also. :confused: But I don't think this is a bug either.:confused: Normally I choose the focus point by using the 4-way controller to pick my focus point,then press the shutter. The joystick center press is meant to be a quick spot focus should you decide to...
  11. J

Sony A850 2 questions Focus Screen/Af adjust

I'm playing sponge in here also. Gonna need to make some adjustments to few of my lenses.:thumbup: Or at least check them.
  12. J

A55 Resolution / ISO test

Thanks for your time and effort! And the review. Welcome! I need to post here more myself.
  13. J

Sony wireless flash system question

David you might want to have a look at this little jewel. I'm setting up a Paul Buff Cybersync system with this to mount my trigger. There is also a cheaper system that works pretty well. The Yungnou CTR 301P flash system is pretty cheap and with modification to the receivers works pretty...
  14. J

Keeping up with Sony's models

I agree here also!:thumbup:
  15. J

Fun With Sony Cameras

re: Fun With Sony _____ I love coming to this site and seeing all of the lovely work you guys produce. I rarely have any time to shoot any images. But I love the educational aspect you guys provide.This is only my second post here in GetDPI. I shoot the A-700 and A-100 when time permits(work...
  16. J

Sony at PMA

I was wondering the same thing! :bugeyes: Makes me wonder who the other one was he was talking about. Hello Forum! New member here!:salute: