The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Still worth it to get an Imacon Flextight Scanner?

hi all, I am sure for many of us scanning film, there are times when we are tempted to get an Imacon Flextight Scanner. For me, this itch has come again. Especially since Nikon has discontinued the 9000ED, there is a big gap in scanner range. Nikon software is also not supported by new mac OSX...
  2. T

Scanning + Intrisinc Character of a Lens/Exposed Film

Thanks for all the information! Learnt a lot and will try out some tips I gathered here. Would like to know more about color scanning. What about color profiling? What is a profiler? I have purchased IT8.7/1 Scanner Calibration Targets. SilverFast has a calibration feature to calibrate the...
  3. T

Thanks for so much information. Really enlightening. Guess we are going astray of the man topic now... hope it is ok... What about scan resolution. I always scan at max resolution that my scanner can allow me (their real native max and not interpolated). 4000dpi for my Nikon 8000ED. This takes...
  4. T

WTB: Leica 50mm Summilux (Black Paint)

looking for a 50mm summilux black paint. any version. the more rugged, the better! no need pristine condition.
  5. T

@pfigen: i am using Aperture to archive all my digital images. i guess lightroom works the same but i started off using Aperture since the begining so am too lazy to learn lightroom. Moreover, to re-catalogue all my stuff will be some work!!
  6. T

Thanks for the input. There is an option in Silverfast to save as 16 bit JPG. Maybe this is why Aperture is not recognizing. I will try 16 bit tiff next time. Hopefully that will do the trick. Or perhaps I will realize that I need a more powerful computer by then :D Btw, for Black and White...
  7. T

Thanks for all your replies. First of all, I am a bit surprised. I usually try to do right on Silverfast. I assume that since the negative is in the scanner, it contains all the RAW data and that means, will have the most room for manipulation. (eg, higher intensity light for shadows and...
  8. T

I have been trying out some lenses recently. I do my own developing (usually HP5+ and TriX), and then scan using a Nikon 8000ED with SilverFast. Not an expert but have been doing for the last 3 - 4 years. Sometimes I wonder what is the intrinsic character of a lens or film, and how do I get...