The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Given the nature of the issue, I don't think we'll see it fixed via a firmware update, so my guess is it will be addressed in the next major Phocus update across both Mac and PC - i.e. 3.9 or possibly even 4.0.
  2. F

ALPA FPS question?

Just imagine replacing the the FPS + DB used by Peter in his post above (about watches) with the Fuji and the setup works exactly the same. In terms of functionality FPS + DB = Fuji (or H/B or Canon or Nikon etc.). In my case that would be macro lens set in the bellows, aperture stopped down to...
  3. F

ALPA FPS question?

Not with the electronic shutter (as per pretty much any device with an ES out there), otherwise not a problem. The Novoflex/Alpa simply connects via the plain old vanilla 2.5mm remote socket, so firing the camera is no different than firing it by hand with a remote. Which means if you're using...
  4. F

ALPA FPS question?

Personally, I don't see much point paying $$$ for the Alpa-branded Novoflex motorised macro stage when you can simply buy the Novoflex version. Add the CastbalPRO bellows + Balpro extension + Fuji GFX 100MP body + a dedicated macro lens (my preference is a S/K 120 for the slightly longer working...
  5. F

ALPA FPS question?

I needed a focal plane shutter solution for use with a motorised macro stage, so as an Alpa user I looked at the FPS too, since you can combine it via adapters with a 12 series body and get X/Y movement(s), which is really useful for composition, especially at large magnification scales...
  6. F

IQ5 rumors

I've always wondered just how many sensors actually resolve their full potential, so IMHO any DB with > 200MP only makes sense if it comes with some form of stabilisation. A 2.81 pitch means each pixel is 0.00281mm wide - I defy anyone preventing a camera without image stabilisation moving that...
  7. F

IQ5 rumors

My 2c. 1) If this is the sensor, then it's going to be 3:2, with the 4:3 ratio available via cropping in-camera (and yeah, I know this effectively makes the sensor smaller). Just no way Sony will fabricate a sensor because a (relatively small) number of photographers prefer 4:3; and, 2) Don't...
  8. F

IQ5 rumors

3:2 image ratio - no thanks.
  9. F

Can’t remove back on Linhof

https://www.butkus.org/chinon/linhof/linhof_super_technika_23/linhof_super_technika_23.htm And if you find what you need there, make sure to donate $3 to Butkus.
  10. F

Imageprint Black for BW pictures

The IP profiles are excellent and there are a lot of them, so if you use a lot of different papers they're very handy. Also, IP is very frugal with ink, so if you make a lot of prints (e.g. run a print shop), it can save you $$$$. The image layout abilities of the software are great as well...
  11. F

Imageprint Black for BW pictures

It was useful for back in the day to address issues around metamerism. But move on a few years and as Epson, Canon etc. have added shades of grey into their ink sets, their native drivers + B&W modes do a very good job indeed. Throw in QTRip on Epson and you can get B&W prints with the native...
  12. F

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

I don't really see much difference between this and the issue with the non-working USB port on IQ backs. Just don't remember people back then going on about the product 'not working as advertised'. P1 fixed it (eventually...), and I'm sure HB will do the same. And for those who want to resolve...
  13. F

FS Digaron W 40mm

Why not just go the whole hog and post a link to your sale thread ? To the OP - GLWS.
  14. F

YT: Hasselblad 907x & CFV 100c - A journey with Ian Atkinson on location with Technical cameras

Just to reiterate what I've posted elsewhere - the banding is (or, can be) completely mitigated in Raw Therapee and ART (Another Raw Therapee). ART in particular seems able to resolve the issue straight off the bat, i.e. with very little work. From what I've read elsewhere, ART has been tweaked...
  15. F

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Can ID handle LCCs ? It was on the 'to do' list for a while, but don't know if the developer ever implemented it. Without being able to process LCC files I don't see an easy way for ID to handle the banding.
  16. F

It does work, just not with Phocus. Use Raw Therapee or ART (until H/B update Phocus) to process your files and there's no issue.
  17. F

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

There is an interim solution - use Raw Therapee or, better still, ART. My guess would be that the next (major?) release of Phocus resolves the issue.
  18. F

YT: Hasselblad 907x & CFV 100c - A journey with Ian Atkinson on location with Technical cameras

Difficult to know what the problem was without being 'in the know'. Certainly wouldn't be the first YouTube video to be taken down mistakenly by YouTube, who seem to have a 'take down now, figure it out later' policy if any third party makes any sort of claim against a video, no matter how...
  19. F

And no report of banding ! Love the Techno BTW - goes under the radar a bit - but now with BSI sensors it must be a dream to use (e.g. no expensive helicals or T/S mounts).
  20. F

It's an unfortunate issue, and should have been spotted and addressed before the DB was released. But thanks to 'early adopters' it's now out in the open - and it turns out it's far from a deal breaker. A software/firmware solution should be just around the corner.