The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. johnnygoesdigital

Off camera flash for xt1/x100t

I'm looking for a good off camera flash solution with the xt1 and x100t. I don't need TTL, so manual mode is a must. I'll probably stick with a corded connection using just a center pin for faster sync, but curious about other options.
  2. johnnygoesdigital

WTB Fotoman,Walker,Ebony gear

I'm looking for large format cameras such as the Walker Titan XL 45 or 57, Fotoman 8x10 or the 45sps (newest version w/graflok) and an Ebony SW 45. Thank you.
  3. johnnygoesdigital

Chamonix 045n-2 with copal 0 lensboard (new)

Chamonix 045n-2 4x5 folding camera with Chamonix copal 0 lens board and cloth wrap. Beautiful teak with gray metal. This is a new camera that was used to only mount a lens and check functionality. Save on overseas shipping. $1039 free shipping. US only.
  4. johnnygoesdigital

Fujifilm xf 14mm f2.8 lens LN cond.

This is my a Fujifilm XF14mm f2.8 in like new cond. it has less than 200 clicks and comes with everything as if purchased new. Will include copy of invoice for original, US purchased (11/14), warranty from Fujifilm. This lens rivals Leica in resolution and build quality, really stunning! $599...
  5. johnnygoesdigital

WTB JOBO film processing equip.

Looking for Jobo film processing gear such as... 2500 ( 2509n reel) or 3000 style multi tanks, CPE-2 film tank, lift arm, cogs, magnets, etc. thank you!
  6. johnnygoesdigital

WTB Rodenstock APO Sironar S 135/150mm f5.6

I'm looking for any of these lenses in good/exc. cond. Thanks-
  7. johnnygoesdigital

Xt1 viewfinder question

I've been playing with an xt1 recently and love the camera's feel. I did however notice ghosting in the viewfinder from bright objects such as a window. When looking through the vf you can actually see a secondary image of the same object just off center. I thought this was a flare at first, but...
  8. johnnygoesdigital

Sony A7 new cond. under orig. warranty

Hello to All, I'm selling my back up Sony A7 with approx. 3410 shots. A7 is in like new cond. and has never been abused, dropped, dinged or mishandled. Comes with Sony leather jacket case, two Sony batteries, Vello hand strap, Watson charger,(replaces ac adapter), original box, cables, manuals...
  9. johnnygoesdigital

Sony A7 shutter count...again

I've asked this question before and have used the Schema folder in PS, and also used the exifTool, but the formula seems to have changed. Can anyone shed light on a quick way to determine shutter other than a DSC sequence?...which I would think is accurate too. I just want to be sure before...
  10. johnnygoesdigital

Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens

Perfect unregistered lens w/warranty, box, papers, everything as if purchased new. No flaws, scratches, or dings, fungus, etc. Never dropped or abused. Very lightly used and shows no use whatsoever. This lens is absolutely perfect for travel, street, or any other application where size is...
  11. johnnygoesdigital

4x5

This photo was taken a few months ago... The hard part was trying not to change the film plane when inserting a sheet. Obviously, I did! The glass plate must be cleaned throughly.
  12. johnnygoesdigital

Sony A7 native lenses

It's kind of an oxymoron i know, but as we wait for more lens choices, I imagine the great possibilities using the Sony A7/r. I've shot with the 55mm1.8 FE, which is a fantastic lens, but for me, the focal length is kinda boring. The 35mm f/2.8 FE is better for what I shoot, but it's kinda slow...
  13. johnnygoesdigital

Sony A7/r shutter count

I tried the usual options for determining the shutter count, such as the schema folder in PS and the websites that offer this feature, but no luck. I did however, look at the sequence in my LR folder and was curious if this can be considered accurate?
  14. johnnygoesdigital

First shoot with A7

I thought I'd share a few brief comments about my first shoot with the Sony A7. Nothing scientific, just my personal experience with the camera in a fairly demanding environment - snow, clouds and wind (peak gusts @ 50mph). I've been very happy with my D800 and wasn't sure about using an EVF...
  15. johnnygoesdigital

Does anyone know this signature?

I found this old original gelatin print. The photo style looks very familiar, but I can't figure out this signature. Can anyone decipher it? Thanks. Johnny
  16. johnnygoesdigital

Sony A7 doesn't power up!

I'm curious if anyone has experienced any issues with charging the A7/r? I have a demo to review, but fresh out of the box, nothing happens when the USB is connected via AC or computer. No charging light or any indication of power. Hmm, frustrating.
  17. johnnygoesdigital

D800 resolution

I did a recent shoot to demo the resolution of the Nikon D800. I knew it was good already, but when I shot this pano along the Long Trail in Vt. It confirmed to me that the D800 really does compete with MFD for certain situations. I only used some minor contrast and exposure adjustments for demo...
  18. johnnygoesdigital

Ebony RSW45

This is a really nice portable set up. I was curious if anyone shoots with it, and how long you can go with lenses. I think a good general purpose 210mm can work, but not sure. Ideally suited for more wides with no rear standard, but the weight is perfect! Would love to get one used or new!
  19. johnnygoesdigital

Wet Plate Collodion 4x5

This section needs more love... Does anyone know where to get pre mixed chemical kits for 4x5? Thanks-
  20. johnnygoesdigital

Lightroom 4.3 can't read files

I've used LR4.3 for almost a year and thousands of images, nary a problem. Now when importing, I get a message that it can't read the file...hmmm. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks very much. John