The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Once again I've fallen at the last hurdle - no MF for me!

Jono, You have completely ignored the most important reason of all to get the S2 and I can't be more disappointed in you. There are thousands of people all around the world just like me who live our own wishful gear junkie lives vicariously through you - and have been doing so for years. I've...
  2. D

E-P1/E-P2/GF1 and shooting in darkness

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm not worried about image quality or the low AF abilities of the camera, but I need to be able to see what I'm doing if I am to MF, and that is what I'm worried about with either the LCD or the viewfinder. It sounds like most - but not all - of you are...
  3. D

well, Terry - can you tell me what your experience was? I'd really like to get some opinions of the visibility of the lcd when it is really dark.
  4. D

Thanks for the answers. I am most interested in the ability to see well enough through either the viewfinder or with the LCD in order to focus properly.
  5. D

I've seen lots of comments about low light focusing issues and visibility of LCDs in bright sunshine. But I don't think I've seen comments about usefulness of the LCDs or viewfinders in really low light - like ISO 2500 or 3200 f1.7 1/15 levels of light. Club level darkness or night streets...
  6. D

LR3 or Aperture - the final solution!

whew, Jono - I so glad to read this post to know it isn't just me! I've been feeling like I am getting too far behind, so I've spent the last few days playing with Capture ONe and Lightroom 3 beta --- and hating every minute of both. I went back to Aperture to see if I was exaggerating the...
  7. D

Having fun with the E-P1

Re: highlight spot meter Hi Terry, Maybe it just works better now that there is more room to overexpose without clipping with the newer sensors. With the prior generation cameras, it would just add a stop of exposure compensation seemingly without regard to whether that would induce...
  8. D

Having fun with the E-P1

highlight spot meter Hi Terry, are you sure that is what the highlight spot meter is doing? I don't have E-P1 (though I wish I did), but with other Oly cameras the highlight metering purposely overexposes, while the shadow metering purposely underexposes. It isn't designed to 'protect' the...
  9. D

Having fun with the E-P1

Hi Terry, I'm curious, what do you have 'gradation' set to, auto or normal? And how is the LCD in bright California sunshine? Also, I'm sure you know this, but you can use Studio or Master to access the raw files while you are waiting for your usual converter. Studio is clunky if you want to...
  10. D

The Olympus E3 - some general comments

Hi Scott, I'll never live that little incident down, will I? or at least my dog won't! (for those who are wondering, a few years ago my E1 and lens sat in a puddle of dog pee for several days unbeknownst to me - after I realized what had happened, I washed the camera and lens -- very...
  11. D

The Olympus E3 - some general comments

Irenaeus, Depending upon your specific needs, you might also look at either the E410 or E510 for an inexpensive way to dip your toes into the 4/3 waters... I have E1 and E410 --- and rarely use my E1 now... E1 has better viewfinder, more 'pro' layout of buttons and dials, and is an overall...