The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Artful pics of flora...

I like flowers in all their states.
  2. J

Artful pics of flora...

You did good!
  3. J

Hi Here

Hello! Olaf, I prefer the letter, it certainly is better looking than myself. I am now retired but for over twenty years I was a full-time commercial photographer. When I was working as a photographer I used everything from an 8x10 view camera,4x5, medium format, and very occasionally 35mm...
  4. J

What causes this

It looks like when the light bends around a back-lit image. Each lens and in this case sensor design has to interpret that additional bit of photons somehow. There is always a bit of diffraction that occurs when the light bends around something, especially if the something is really sharp. The...
  5. J

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

This is not nor has it ever been a business. This is just a home in my small town and this has been a decades-long project of the home-owner.
  6. J

Artful pics of flora...

I have been doing a flower series.
  7. J

XF 50mm F1.0 WR

It looks like Fuji marketing decided that it would be a good project for its advertising strategy. It is a technological triumph. There will be people who have always desired the latest and whatever piece of gear. The depth of field is so slight that for me I think it is a useless lens. I...
  8. J

Artful pics of flora...

Osteospermum
  9. J

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

I was a general commercial photographer for about twenty years. I did a lot of architectural work. It was always a very straight forward type of image. Now I get to make the images of buildings as I like to.
  10. J

Pixelgenius Photokit

I use Pixel Genius on every output image. Mac and Jeff really designed a fantastic product.
  11. J

Fuji X-H2

I now have 3 Fujis. An XT1, an XT2 and the XH1. When the XH2 comes out I have already made the decision to purchase it. I am starting to sell some of my Nikon gear, choosing to use the d800e in the studio and upon occasion outside. I am transitioning from the Nikon because outside the studio...
  12. J

Anyone here using DSLR as a digital back on 2X3 view

I have mounted my d800 on my Cambo. a 150 Symmar does not easily focus at infinity, although my 210 Symmar is clean. I never could focus my 90 Super Angulon as the 47mm flange depth was too much. I suspect that will be a problem for you. I have stitched 30 images by carefully moving the...
  13. J

645Z DXO Mark

Last summer I did a side by side test with the best normal lens on the Fuji XT2 (27mm), Nikon d800 (55 micro nikkor) and the Pentax 645z (lens I have forgotten, borrowed from a friend). What I found was that I couldn't tell the difference. It was not a scientific test, it was a working...
  14. J

One body, one prime -- your thoughts

If I were to go with just one prime I would always prefer my d800e plus my 55mm AF micro f/2.8. The total all up weight would be just under three lbs. Which is light in a relative sense. But because I do actually like to travel light on occasion I would instead choose to bring my Fuji XT 2...
  15. J

D820 Rumours

The higher pixels would be a nice bonus but 36MP is quite sufficient. But if they came out with a 46MP AND really clean 6400 ISO files and 25,000 ISO really usable files, I don't care about frame rate or buffer speed, Just high ISO with a decent amount of MP. 24 MP would do it if the new DF...
  16. J

Me and Fuji San...

Interesting thoughts. I believe that people choose the Fuji system for the weight and size plus the superb quality. But after that we all diverge into our preferences in how we see the world, and what and how much do we want to carry, particularly when we travel. My preferences when I go some...
  17. J

Fun with the Fuji X-Pro 2 and X-T 2

single capture, Los Angeles Fuji XT-1 100-400 mm What looks like noise is the surface which the reflections are bouncing off of, the surface is polished granite.
  18. J

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fuji XT-1 100-400 mm lens at 400 mm. f/5.6 1/600th Handheld. I worked for about two hours walking around with this lens. I really am enthusiastic about this lens. i have the Nikon 200-500 and although it is sharp and it is hand holdable, sort of, the Fuji is designed to walk around all day...
  19. J

FS: Nikkor 28mm f1.4 AF-D ASPH

I thought you already bought a 20mm f/1.8. Too bad you do not want a flawless 17-35, the lens and some cash I think we could do this. I have no need for the 28mm I have just always wanted one, damned if I know why any more. Is that the definition of a gear head?
  20. J

Portrait lens other than Nikon?

Nikon d800e with 135 DC at f/5.6 3200 ISO and cropped so this represents about 1/3 of the image. I would say that sharp, sharp really sharp lenses when it comes to portraiture are too sharp. But saying that the dc 135 seems as sharp as any of my other Nikkor lenses. This is a portrait of a...