The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

Digital backs for the RB 67??

Thank you Yair for the quick response and answered everything I was wondering.
  2. H

Digital backs for the RB 67??

Ben searching online for a while now. Trying to make heads or tails about which backs I can use on my RB67 Pro S. I can not find any info that tells me which backs I can get adapters for.. Is the pool of compatibility slim for this camera? Or is it I simply am not finding the vast numbers of...
  3. H

Where to buy Film?

Thanks Bob. I never even thought about searching B&H. And they have everything I need there... Yodobashi I could only find 35mm film. Now for processing with decent scans... Has anyone ever used North Coast or Old School Photo lab?
  4. H

Where to buy Film?

Hey all. I know its been a while since I posted here.. But I do lurk and read posts a bit.. Anyway.. I couldn't take it anymore and found a good deal I couldn't pass up. So i just purchased a RB67 proS with 3 lenses and 3 backs. Now I am searching online to get film.. And not having much...
  5. H

Alt Processes (platinum, carbon, bromoil, etc)

Wow Jim that is a fabulous process. I came on here today to ask about a copper metallic printing my Art Rep asked for and I see this. This could be more of what I am looking for. This process is almost exactly what I am looking for. Now my problem is where could I get something like that done...
  6. H

Copper Metallic?

Hi all. Sorry I have not posted here in a while as I have been way busy. But at least I have been reading quite a few posts here. Anyway I got accepted by a local art dealer here and she is going to display some of my work. She has a show running through most of this month and we discussed...
  7. H

EXIF data in the camera.

Ah Ok. I will give that a try. But I was under the impression I could plug my camera into the PC and tell it who the camera belonged to. Then all files would have that info strait out of the camera. It would also help if any of your cameras were stolen. It this not possible?
  8. H

EXIF data in the camera.

Hey all Forgive the newbie question here but I have never done this before. I have been seeing photographers names appearing in the exif info and was thinking. Why am I not doing this? So I searched the manual and could not find how to do this. So I am asking you how do I do this? What...
  9. H

5D MK I is it still worth it?

David. If the deal is right then yes. It is a great camera. I am sorry David but that comment fits into the main "keeping up with the Jones" trend. That trend says that since the new MII is this and has that and this many mega pixels. Now all of a sudden the M I is a piece of junk and I can't...
  10. H

Those little plastic white balance cards...

It has to be grey or know as 50% grey. It also works with pure white too. Good luck.
  11. H

Best portable travel Strobes.??

Ben Thanks and with the photo you posted it looks like the 800's supply enough light. What size brolly are you using? After a week of searching I think I am am going to go with the White Lightning X1600's. They have real good specs for the money and the build quality is great. The other factor...
  12. H

Thanks again guys for all the input. I keep reading and checking out other lights but I seem to gravitate back to the Alien Bees. Maybe because of price. The Elinchrom's and ProFoto's are out of my price range. They are nice but unless I drum up a lot of business soon it would be dumb for me...
  13. H

Yeah your right sorry. I mean that with a 250th shutter speed I need some power out of the light to negate ambient and utilize the flash duration. Where as the 320 ws may not be enough power to do that at certain times.
  14. H

Hey guys. Thanks for the input. Sorry I didn't explain better. I already have 4 regular light stands, umbrellas and Soft boxes that have nice cases and are portable. I also have 3 light stands with rollers on them that I will leave in the studio. What I was looking for is something that...
  15. H

If you have seen my other posts you guys will realize I am researching changing my business model. What I am looking for it a good set of travel strobes to use on location shoots and weddings. They need to be able to light up large groups but yet be easy to transport and set up. All this...
  16. H

Wedding and Portrait photographers ?????

Hello all. I have a few marketing questions for you. First a little background. I have been traveling a lot the past 8 years and to be honest its getting old. I made a decision that I am going to try and stay home more and shoot more local stuff. To make this work I believe I have to do more...
  17. H

Virtual Tours???

Hey all. Anyone here do virtual tours as part of their business? I was contacted today by a local agent to possibly do these tours. I looked into it in the past but saw it as a low income venture. Of course this was 5 years ago. Now it seems that if you can do it for a reasonable price (say...
  18. H

It's cold out there...let's talk gloves...

Jack has the right idea here. I like the full 100% neoprene gloves. They take a little while to get used to but you can still function well in them. You have enough dexterity, once you get used to them, to change camera settings and the best part of neoprene is they are 100% waterproof. That...
  19. H

A few photos from Canon 5D Mark II

Anyone ever try the DxO software? Or do any of you put any value in their finding and stats on cameras? Here is the link if you don't know them. http://www.dxomark.com/
  20. H

Help for slow DNS - Leopard

Thats interesting that you have FIOS in MA. What level did you get and is it true FIOS. I mean do you have the big box installed on the side of your house or in your basement? The box (NID) that the fiber enters and separates signal for your TV, Internet and phone??