The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Tesselator

AfterShot Pro by: Corel

I just got this only a yesterday but I've found that's about the same as a few weeks for the less app-aggressive users out there. :p Man, have you guys used this yet? Drop the poorly-written slow-as-molasses LightRoom and put aside CaptureOne for awhile and give this a try! It's available...
  2. Tesselator

System and Speed-Up Tips. (Add yours here)

Tip #: 001 Requirements: Mac computer running OS X, 16GB or RAM or more. Here's one I discovered. I was researching some ways to optimize my system for photo editing and web browsing (which is about all I do with my system these days - being retired and all) when I came across an article by...
  3. Tesselator

FS: Canon nFD 300mm 2.8L

Price: $1,200.00 Payment method: PayPal (You pay paypal fees or as gift). Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear Shipping instructions: $35 for < 10 day delivery - $25 for less than 20 day delivery. A Canon nFD 300mm F/2.8L in near mint condition. No scratches or dings in the...
  4. Tesselator

Nikon is up to no good!

Wait, no I mean they're up to being VERY good! At least I think so!!! Nikon patents a digital back for 35mm film SLR cameras | Nikon Rumors I dunno if this belongs in the 4/3 section but it might - who knows - Nikon didn't specify the size yet... Only the basic patent. Have a read! :)
  5. Tesselator

GH3 EVF Magnification et'al

I was in another thread where viewfinder magnification was brought up. People said the OM-1 (film camera) was one of the biggest and brightest in the history of SLRs. I do indeed remember it being very nice. This graphic was presented from this site: http://snapsort.com/learn/viewfinder-size ...
  6. Tesselator

The Samsung SC-05D Galaxy

Yeah, that's my hand. :) OK, ok, so it's a cell-phone. It's still a viable 8.1mpx camera option up to the task of taking on most bridge and compact cameras. And of course it's a dual 1.5Ghz CPU tablet computer and a cell-phone to boot. :) Here's a video I recorded on mine to see what the...
  7. Tesselator

I miss Gordon Laing's Video Reviews!

Gordon's video overviews were always a treat for me. They often came out a little late but they usually appeared in a reasonable time relative to release and the information was always 100% accurate - unlike some other sites I could mention. But recently I don't see any new ones. :( I'm sad...
  8. Tesselator

Zeiss Distagon T* 21mm F/2.8 ZE (Canon EF)

Check here for details: FS: Zeiss Distagon T* 21mm F/2.8 ZE (Canon) & Olympus 300/4.5 - FM Forums Price: $1,700.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Shipping instructions: You pay paypal (or as gift), I cover shipping. The guy who sold it to me...
  9. Tesselator

18 Sony/Minolta Mount AF Zooms

These lenses were hand picked by me from used shops over the past 18 to 20 months. I’ve tested all of them on an AF body and have put them head to head on the GH1 for my own edification. These are the better of over 30 zoom lenses tested. All of these lenses produce very good images when mounted...
  10. Tesselator

Achieving Critical Focus

Today I received a PM here at GetDPI which read: For those of you who haven't read many of my posts here I almost exclusively use manual focus lenses or if the lens is an AF model I switch it off and use it in MF mode. I currently don't own any of the native µ4/3 lenses anyway so everything is...
  11. Tesselator

FS Voigtlander Macro APO Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL (OM Mount)

Voigtlander Macro APO Lanthar 125mm f/2.5 SL (OM Mount) Price: $2,300.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Shipping instructions: add $25 for shipping - you pay PayPal fees or send as gift. I purchased it as new a few days ago and will be using it...
  12. Tesselator

Panasonic DMC-GH1 (Body + Wrist Grip) $350

Panasonic DMC-GH1 (Hackable/Hacked) - Black (Body Only) +Wrist Grip Price is $350 + $25 Shipping This camera is in pretty good shape. Everything works just like when it was new. The LCD is pristine and scratch free. The Sensor has never been touched by human hands (nor by tools for that...
  13. Tesselator

2 Tamron SP 90 Macro and Rokkor 28/2.8

Tamron SP 90mm F/2.5 Macro (52BB) Check FS: Tamron SP 90mm Macro $175 - two available. - FM Forums for updates. Price: $175.00 Payment method: PayPal Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new Shipping instructions: Please add $15 for shipping and paypal I'm told this version...
  14. Tesselator

OM (Zuiko 300mm AutoT, Cosina 28-135mm)

Olympus F.Zuiko Auto-T 300mm Click For Images Price: $475 Serial: 121431 Condition: Glass: Lens has almost no dust specs at all, Glass is scratch free and fungus free! Barrel, Grip & Mount: Near Mint Condition! Aperture Ring: Near Mint Condition! Blades: (8) Curved type - Very Snappy! Focus...
  15. Tesselator

Seven Zuiko Primes, $25 ~ $120 (28mm & 50mm

SOLD - http://tesselator.gpmod.com/Images/_Auctions/7_OMs/_OM_28_f3.5_211747.jpg Click For Images. Olympus G.ZUIKO Auto-W 28mm F/3.5 Serial: 211747 Condition: Glass: Pristine Barrel, Grip & Mount: Excellent Aperture Ring: shows normal signs of wear. Blades: (6) Semi-curved type - Oil free and...
  16. Tesselator

SOLD: Olympus 38mm f2.8 SuperMacro

One of the best macro lenses on the planet - optically rated for magnifications up around 8x and 6.7x with standard OM auto-bellows is easily achieved. Quite rare as well. Anyone interested in this mint condition one for $700? Here's some info on it...
  17. Tesselator

FS: Zeiss Makro-Planar 100/2.8 (C/Y)

For sale is the famous West German made Zeiss MP100/2.8 (C/Y). Glass is perfect, condition is excellent, There may be the obligatory amount of micro-dust inside but if there is it can't seen with normal to bright room lighting. Looks and operates perfectly to me! Includes both original contax...
  18. Tesselator

Very interesting Article

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2011/08/users-treat-criticism-of-favorite-brands-as-threat-to-self-image.ars Any comments?
  19. Tesselator

Deformed Crab - Radiation from Fukushima Japan?

I've lived at the beach all my life and never seen a deformed crab. Hmm, this makes me think Fukushima is to blame. I guess we'll start seeing humans like this pretty soon. It makes me pretty sad - and pretty mad too when I consider the incompetence on DDI's (TEPCO) and the Japanese...
  20. Tesselator

Bloom The Doctor of Doom, Is At It Again:

Thankfully! Part 1: http://vimeo.com/23294197 Part 2: http://vimeo.com/23344796 :)