The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Capture One 11 is here!

Doug, I am on the fence about this upgrade...... the 10 minute video is hard to understand or follow what the person saying or doing. I am not a big fan of layers and this version seems like it is all about layers. I usually upgrade right away...... not this time. Where I felt C1 was weak was...
  2. J

Fun with your Drone

I just went back to two of the forums I used to visit when I had my drone.... seems there is far less talk of flyaway than several years ago when the 3 was the tol. Seems they still are having servo issues causing downed units with the 4 pro and mavica's but DJI is covering this issue with their...
  3. J

Fun with your Drone

Doc I have no issue with anything you have said........ My DJI was a Vision 3 the one just before 4K but I didn't use it for video anyway (don't really care for the media). The issue we had with that model and the previous ones as well as the one that directly followed mine in release was...
  4. J

DJI Mavic Pro Shots

Just makes sure you get 7 satellites before you takeoff and pay attention to the lights on the unit and what it is telling you....... also get some sort of cellphone card tracker and attach it to the unit so if the civilian gps resets or a sun spot throws off your gps home reference you have a...
  5. J

Fun with your Drone

Nice Pics and RI is a fantastic area for scenics.... but for me the happiest day of my life was when I sold my drone. I had a DJI Vision 3 and the camera was horrible and the technology was far from reliable using Civilian GPS. I read everyday on drone forums of someones drone unexplainably...
  6. J

A9

Yup.... it's a April fools pic UTE
  7. J

Affinity, anyone?

Jan, all my plugins or at least most work with Apple photo which also holds a copy of Affinity as well. It is sort of a longer way to get from point to point compared to Aperture and plug in but this way compared to C1 at least I have a DAM system similar to what I like about Aperture and the...
  8. J

Affinity, anyone?

I have a copy of the new version affinity and it is impressing me as using it with apple photo's may be my aperture workaround when I finally can't use aperture anymore. I find affinity much like adobe CS I was thinking C1 was going to be my only hope but it lacks the ability to use many of my...
  9. J

Still looking for a Aperture replacement... anyone use ON1 Photo10?

ON1 has decided to be a Adobe plugin so for me that was the end of ON1 as a possible Aperture substitute.
  10. J

Consensus on Adobe Creative Cloud?

I personally don't like or use any thing related to the "cloud". no my mac's, my iPhones, or definitely anything with that friggin Adobe badge on it. I got so mad at their non english speaking CS techs that I uninstalled a 2 week old purchased stand alone LR6 while on the phone with these...
  11. J

Deleted

I updated the body but put it back in the case for my trip tomorrow....... hope it still works :)
  12. J

Sony G Master 70-200mm f/2.8

I'm just glad that I have no need for a lens like that because I am sure I would be standing in line like the rest willing to empty my wallet for it and TC's. This is a no brainer for me as I don't use the 70-200 f2.8 I have for my A mounts on my A mounts as it is. Ahhh a painless and anguish...
  13. J

I was bored .....

Yeah my credit card did not work at all using my MAC like many I have read who have had this issue. There definitely is a issue with the Sony USA camera App Store with this. Buying a $10 pre paid Sony card from Amazon and using that code number when buying a App worked just fine. I have since...
  14. J

I was bored .....

And decided to try my hand at uploading some of the Sony Camera Apps because I really liked some shots I saw with the smooth reflections app. Well as expected all the negative posts about issues uploading or buying the apps were true. :( I finally got it done buy had to buy a pre paid Sony card...
  15. J

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"............ who say's you can't shoot action with a A7RII ;) It may not be the best of shots but shows one can shoot action in a pinch.... a7rII/LAEA3/70-400mm G 1 series
  16. J

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) A7RII/ LAEA3/ 70-400mm G 1 series Ruby-Throated Hummingbird dealing with the heat
  17. J

$3,500.00! FE 70-200 mm F2.8 GM OSS

Considering the current price of the A mount 70-200mm: $2600 for a E mount GM make's it far more realistic for those who use lenses of this focal length. I don't use the 2.8 70-200mm I have and I got it for $800 as it is not a lens I personally have much need for. So it still will be a no for me...
  18. J

Hiccups using Laea3 Sony adapter

Thanks UTE.... I am going to try the 150-600 on it and see if it is the lens or the adapter.
  19. J

Hiccups using Laea3 Sony adapter

Anyone else experiencing AF issues using this adapter on A7rII's or a7II's? I use it with a 70-400mm Sony G lens and often AF goes inop and in the fn menu the focus show a greyed MF instead of the CAF or SAF mode. If I twist the assembly I sometimes get it to work and sometimes it takes...
  20. J

TechArt Pro Ver3.0.0 firmware released

I would generalize the market that that the tech art adapter competes in to the whole class of adapters including the Sony OEM which I assure you the Internet would turn into a firestorm of whining and complaints if their firmware had a tenth of the updating issues experienced by Techart...