The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Adapted lenses

I am loving my X-E1 with the 18-55 zoom lens and have at last found my Holy Grail of a relatively compact camera which has superb image quality. I would love to invest in the Fuji prime lenses but can't afford these at the moment so got thinking about getting an adapter and using some old...
  2. D

Street shooting in Camden Town

Thanks Louis - I'll definitely be arranging another visit soon
  3. D

Street shooting in Camden Town

Took a day out in Camden yesterday. Never been there before but will definitely go again, really interesting place full of interesting people and sights. I had my first go at street shooting. I put the camera on auto ISO and auto DR with B&W red filter setting. I was a bit conscious trying to...
  4. D

Feedback on Nikon V1 requested

Got out for dog walk and V1 test drive today - really enjoyed using it and the EVF was excellent in the bright light. Interestingly, where I'd previously resorted to LR 4 for MFT and Canon G1X files, but Capture One is SO much better with the Nikon NEF files. Colours are stunning. Printed...
  5. D

I used the 10-30 kit lens - very pleased with it but the 60mm sounds a great idea!
  6. D

No great work of art but my G1X could never focus this close - prints up beautifully at A4 too which is all I need
  7. D

Well - I took the plunge and picked up a V1, 10-30, 30-100 and SB-5N flash yesterday. I've not had a propery chance to try it out yet, only a quick walk with the dog yesterday evening, but a couple of things stand out. Colours are superb, especially through Capture One, AF is lightening fast...
  8. D

Thanks guys - this feedback is very helpful. I'm after a flexible, carry anywhere outfit, and despite the compromises the V1 seems a good option. I very nearly went for one when I bought the G1X but was put off by my pre-conceptions on the sensor size and the under-whelming initial reviews...
  9. D

Hi I have been taking a look at the V1 as prices seem to have dropped and there is a cash back available. My concern(as I guess with most people) is the sensor size and resolution. I have used so many different cameras over the years it's embarrassing but I now know I definitely don't want to...
  10. D

FS - Panasonic Micro 4/3 equipment (UK)

Hi Is the 20mm still available?
  11. D

Fun with the Q

I know - it's just that Capture One has proved to be the best for every most of the other camera I've owned Lightroom does seem to do a very good job though
  12. D

Fun with the Q

I've just imported some RAW files into LR and they do look MUCH better than the Capture One renderings. This is unusual as I normally find C1 the best application for RAW files. May need to retying my workflow for the Q files
  13. D

Fun with the Q

I bought the twin lens kit a couple of weeks ago and am still undecided with the Q It is fabulous to use and size is excellent, especially given the control it offers. I am struggling with the RAW files in Capture One and, too me, the cameras jpeg engine seems to do a better job than I can in...
  14. D

Panasonic 14-140 lens, 7 weeks old, mint lens with remainder of UK warranty

I bought this lens with a GH2 on 5th January this year and since sold the GH2 as I wanted another small I bought this lens with a GH2 on 5th January this year and since sold the GH2 as I wanted another small Olympus body to go with my E-P2 I got an E-PL2 yesterday which came with the Olympus...
  15. D

E-PL2 vs E-PL1 build quality

None of my local stores have the E-PL2 in stock but I have read very favourable reviews and love my E-P2 so looking to possibly get one as a second body One of the things that put me off the E-PL1 was the build quality where, to me, the camera felt it was made of very light plastic. I...
  16. D

Panasonic GH2 with 14-140 lens, boxed mint condition

I bought my GH2 kit with 14-140 lens on 5th January this year (new stock from a UK store) and really like it but having just got an E-P2 as a 'back up' camera I am truly smitten with the little Olympus I am therefore looking to get another E-P2 outfit as I can easily carry two bodies around in...
  17. D

Olympus 14-150 vs Panasonic 14-140 (MFT)

Has anyone tried using both of these lenses and is able to give me some feedback as to how they compare IQ wise? I have the Panasonic lens which I can use on my newly acquired E-P2 body but it looks very heavy compared to the Olympus version. I also have a GH2 and realise the Olympus lens will...
  18. D

SOLD: Olympus 14-42/3.5-5.6 Zoom m4/3s

Re: FS: Olympus 14-42/3.5-5.6 Zoom m4/3s Bought elsewhere as no response
  19. D

SOLD: Olympus 14-42/3.5-5.6 Zoom m4/3s

Re: FS: Olympus 14-42/3.5-5.6 Zoom m4/3s Hello?