The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

DP2 News from PMA

Was reading this site today , which seemed to have some more details... "The image processor has also been upgraded to a Sigma TRUE II ("Three-layer Responsive Ultimate Engine") processor with improved processing speed, operation, and performance. The DP2 also has a somewhat revised rear panel...
  2. N

He's behind you

Thks for the info Lili lovelyshot !!! I like your car shots,especially the ones with another scene in the rear view mirrors,but this one works really well too... The b & w is really good,but like you said doesn't have the grd film/gritty look, but great all the same..
  3. N

He's behind you

Hi Lili wow ive seen your camera before,its a beaut !!! It as quite the following if i remember right,its super retro,kind of reminds me of the bessa l.. How do you find it compared to the Grd ??
  4. N

He's behind you

Hi thkss Lili... It's a Samsung S760 around £60... Its not very reliable,it got wet for seconds last week and the screen played up for a while,plus battery go super quick... I still have my Grd,but wanted something that turnt on around 40mm and cheap,the Samsung turns on around 38mm (plus as...
  5. N

He's behind you

Thks, very nice of you to reply... I prefer the first one as well, but the second one had his hands in the frame,i'm always overly concerned about makin sure everything's in the picture :rolleyes: But to be honest,if either is any good,it was pure luck... thks again
  6. N

He's behind you

Hi couple of pics from Tate Liverpool cafe, theres a wax President Bush with a rubic's cube sat at a table, very lifelike lol.. Cheap Samsung p & s this time (not the phone from other thread :p )
  7. N

Shots with a camera phone

Hope you don't mind,heres one i took when i had the Samsung Tocco phone,i had it for a while but swapped phones...The lag was dreadful,nobody was there when i took the picture haha :p Hip shot
  8. N

Two shots that highlight a weakness of mine

Hi thks fors the replies,very helpful... I guess the bracketing would of been my best option,it was a p & s but as that option... But what ever camera i'm using i seem to run into this problem a lot...I really need to think more before i just blast away...Anyhow lots to take on board, before i...
  9. N

Two shots that highlight a weakness of mine

Hi both pics were taken with a cheap Samsung, its just a basic p & s.. How do you take a picture where one part is darkness/shadows and the other side bright ??Do you lower the EV till the brightness is under control, then ligten the darker side in photoshop?? As you can see i should of...
  10. N

Shadows, shadows...

I was tipsy,and call it Shiraz Jazz :D
  11. N

What did you like or dislike about PMA?

oops this is the leica forum... sorry:o
  12. N

What did you like or dislike about PMA?

I was hoping maybe Ricoh, might of annouced or at least hinted,about the grd3 :(
  13. N

Sigma Dp2 announcement tomorrow (pic)

Some more info coming through... http://www.photographyblog.com/index.php/weblog/comments/sigma_dp2/ Sigma UK’s Paul Reynolds demoed the camera to us at Photokina "Due for release in February/March 2009!" "Although the new TRUE II will “definitely speed up the general operation of the...
  14. N

It will be interesting to see how this pans out between the Oly and Dp1 & 2.. At first glance the Oly seems more convenient,carrying one body and a few lens, over carrying 2 or 3 cameras... Early days but nothing from Ricoh yet,i have a certain amount of brand loyalty to them..
  15. N

Announced http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092305sigma_dp2.asp I read on another sites comments,that Sigma once had 2 film camera,the first had a zoom of 28-50 the second 50-100... Their sure Sigma's plan is to cover their old film cameras zoom,but with 3 seperate digital cameras. They...
  16. N

More info I think its true "Again, it's secret, but since the device is already before the bell stand Sigma, it offers before the first photo of the next Sigma S2." (yikes google translation lol)...
  17. N

Going to post the picture from another forum..Don't hesitate to delete,if breaking any rules cheers http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1027&message=29437293
  18. N

http://www.cicfou.com/Infos/files/4131e5b4d565ba098041e6de321d1e6b-16.html 41/2.8 lens Sorry not much info... Source was Magazine Réponses Photo...
  19. N

First review of LX3

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_panasonic_lumix_dmc_lx3.php Highly recommended
  20. N

Black an White GRD I and II Comparison

Check out ur local Jessops got mine for £190 today..Local store was sold out, but put one by for me at another store.. Think the guy said the stock was showing 12 models across UK,but it doesn't show on their public web site..