The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 12-100mm F4.0 PRO lens available

Ridiculous, I know, but shouldn't show images from both lens in the same post --- the 12-100 which is undoubtedly an excellent addition to the 'Pro' line almost seems like the 12-50 after viewing the 25 f1.2 images! Like drinking white wine after red....
  2. P

Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 25mm F1.2 PRO lens introduced

The PL 25 f1.4 is a nice lens that is somewhat of a bargain. Unfortunately for me, I also have the 4/3 version and it renders more beautifully IMO. Not sharpness or color or contrast, but how it slides from focus into OOF. Raist3 calls it 'presence', I just think the 4/3 version has left me...
  3. P

GX80 files are looking good

Does the presence or lack of aa filter affect video?
  4. P

Ricardo, you might be interested in this excerpt from an article on the EM1 and no low pass filter/moire by Dave Etchells at Imaging Resource. The entire article plus sample photos is within the EM1 review on that site. http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/olympus-e-m1/olympus-e-m1A.HTM. Note...
  5. P

Ricardo - I think you are parsing language too much that is subject to translation (although still clear to me they are saying there is no aa filter - you have to read it in a tortured way to come to your conclusion). All of the major reviews of these cameras state the lack of aa filter and were...
  6. P

Olympus has said: "The E-M5 Mark II is equipped with TruePic VII, the same image processor also used on the OM-D flagship model, E-M1. TruePic VII optimises sharpness according to the optical characteristics of the attached lens and aperture (f-number) value, performs high-precision...
  7. P

Stop Apple Photos

There is a checkbox in Photos I just got around to upgrading to El Capitan last week. The first time I went to download images (I use Photo Mechanic), Photos launched with a checkbox at the top left asking if I wanted to 'open Photos for this device'. I left the checkbox unchecked and haven't...
  8. P

Quieter lenses?

Ha, you actually have the two noisiest (and slowest) focusing lenses available. Perhaps only matched by version 1 of the Olympus 14-42. All of the newer lenses are either completely silent or very quiet to focus and focus speed is instant, without any of the racking in and out of the older...
  9. P

OMD E-M5 MKII impressions

thanks for that.
  10. P

OMD E-M5 MKII impressions

I'm curious whether you get the same moire if you run that image through Olympus software rather than Iridient? I love the ease of use of Iridient, and all the sophisticated options and the responsiveness of the developer Brian Griffiths. But at the end of the day, I frequently go back to...
  11. P

The most amazing thing happened today...

I think the iPhone has created another shift, along side the death of traditional cameras, and that is the shift from photo to video. My kids and their friends (late 20s, early 30s) are all getting married, buying houses, having babies, traveling, etc. The iPhone allows them to take short...
  12. P

Sony A7r bottom line

I don't post often but just wanted to say, what a great post! Even within m4/3 and the smaller 16 mp sensor, this is a frequent problem for newcomers, especially with the longer tele lenses. Nearly impossible to convince anyone coming from D800 or the like that they need to refocus on...
  13. P

Quick question on Zuiko 75/1.8 Autofocus sound

I have read other comments mentioning the sound, so think your lens is probably ok unless the sound is really loud or grinding. I had never heard my copy making any sound, but I just tried it with my head moved in front of the camera, ear alongside the lens. I do hear a high pitched whirring...
  14. P

Sony RX100 - getting started

I agree. It looks like a microscope slide.
  15. P

$48 for a rubber eyecup? Kidding, right??

yes, kidding The 'official' US price is more like $18.95 (B&H, Adorama, etc.), but the catch is no one has it yet. So I guess it isn't kidding if you need one right away.
  16. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I agree! It looks soft and fluffy, I want to lie down and take a nap in it.
  17. P

Oly 75-300 vs 100-300

DIWA labs used to have tests for both lenses, but apparently they have become a 'subscriber' site. I don't remember all the details from their tests, except the Oly was sharper, especially at the long end, while the Panny had less CA. There were a few threads a year ago on dpreview from owners...
  18. P

Older 4/3 SLR lenses, autofocus on OM-D?

My experience is a little different. I've used the 40-150 (second version) on my EP2 and thought it worked pretty well. It is slower than on PDAF camera, but I tended to forget about it after a few minutes as it really wasn't bad. It isn't that much slower than some of the earlier m4/3 lenses...
  19. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I think it is cheating when you have such a beautiful child. :toocool::toocool:
  20. P

OMD vs NEX7 - resolution - discuss

Jono, Just curious - what were his reasons for this? thanks,