The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. leicashot

First shots with the Otus

Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon on the Leica M (type 240)
  2. leicashot

No I never use anything in auto. Too unpredictable. You can never trust a camera in regards to exposure if you want consistent results. I just selected ISO's from 800-6400, depending on the light to keep the shutter at a respectable speed to ensure sharp results at f/1.4.
  3. leicashot

Let me tell you, these results mean absolutely nothing when you look at real world results. IMHO, there's even no need to do side by side comparisons because it wouldn't even be close to a fair contest. There are those who will feel it's best to not believe just how good it is because they don't...
  4. leicashot

Yes all were shot at f/1.4 for this first look as it's where Zeiss say we will notice the biggest improvements over other lenses, and boy they were right about that and then some!
  5. leicashot

Hi Dave thanks. It was just a quick first impressions writeup. No time for a full review unfortunately. I didn't notice any noticeable vignetting. If it's there is very little and complimentary to the pictures I took. None of the pictures I posted had any editing done. Converted from NEF to...
  6. leicashot

Just posted my First Impressions here. Part 2 has more on the lens Nikon Df and Zeiss Otus 55mm f/1.4 APO-Distagon First Impressions and Image Samples [Part 2
  7. leicashot

Leica Summarit-M 35mm 2.5 6-bit bargain!!!

SOLD, thanks GetDPI
  8. leicashot

Leica Summarit-M 35mm 2.5 6-bit bargain!!!

FOR SALE: Leica Summarit 35/2.5, 6-bit coded lens with brand new hood, rear cap and hood cap. In good condition minus some paint wear. Glass and focus action is perfect and this is a very good sample, very sharp from f/2.5. Only selling because I still prefer the speed of my Nokton. Priced...
  9. leicashot

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Hi Edward, there is nothing wrong with the way the CMOS sensor and it's color rendition. The issue lies in white balance in two ways: 1. AWB is inconsistent, especially inside using artificial light. 2. Presets are slightly off, where the colors are a bit too...
  10. leicashot

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Leica M | Summarit 35 | Melbourne More images in my ongoing review gallery. http://kristiandowling.com/galleries/
  11. leicashot

Hexanon 50mm F1.2 Limited for M mount Leica

The only reason people are hesitant is because it's never had a decent review done on it, regardless of it's greatness. Definitely a great lens that will eventually reach a similar price to the cheaper Noctilux.....just not yet, but a great investment IMHO
  12. leicashot

Leica M (type 240) Field Test and Review

It's a very very tough call. A big pus for me is that I can now use R lenses and just about anything, so I'll no longer be limited....looking forward to using my R 100 APO lens......but if you're a pixel peeper and don't 'need' color, the M Monochrom will excite you every time you view the...
  13. leicashot

Leica M (type 240) Field Test and Review

Hey guys, been a while since I posted here but thought you may be interested in reading my review on my new blog. Hope you like it. Kristian Leica M (typ 240) Field Test and Review — Kristian Dowling
  14. leicashot

FS: Leica M Monochrom

SOLD, payment pending. Thanks GetDPI
  15. leicashot

haha, well I think people are maybe underestimating this camera's ability to wear. I think the paint wears just be breathing on it, and it ain't me devaluing, it's the market ;)
  16. leicashot

hahaha, John Lennon? He's rolling over in his grave right now ;)
  17. leicashot

BUMP
  18. leicashot

Camera is back on the market. Only $6700!
  19. leicashot

FS: Profoto AcuteB2 600Ws AirS LiFe Kit

Reduced to $2100 shipped
  20. leicashot

Camera SOLD, pending confirmation in 24 hours