The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

FS: Sony DSC-RX1 and EVM1K Electronic Viewfinder- MINT - $1895.00

Lightly used, super clean, currently $3246.00 new ($2798.00 and $448.00) at B&H for both items. Complete with all original packing and accessories. Also available as a Package, $175.00: SONY HVL-f20M flash / 3 additional batteries / anodized aluminum grip / JJC LH-LHP1 lens hood / TP Leather...
  2. J

Nikon D750 tethered support ?

Nikon's Camera Control Pro 2 is set up for tethered capture with the D750.
  3. J

Anybody got (or getting) the D750 yet?

Update, comparing D750 to D4 files: Testing at 10,000 ISO: D750 high ISO JPEG images look quite a bit better than D4. However D4 high ISO RAWs look better than D750- more chroma but less luminance noise. At least at 10,000.
  4. J

A few more observations on the D750. Color richness is not quite as robust as the D4, to my eye. Noise at high ISO preferable in D750 than D4, particularly in JPEG. In RAW D750 can show a bit more apparent noise, but it's more grain-like and less clumpy than the D4. And the entire image is...
  5. J

I pre-ordered the Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED...anyone think i am nuts ?

Check the photos by mysh. Looks pretty good. The 20 1.8 - FM Forums
  6. J

Shot my first wedding with the D750 last week along with the D4. So far, a joy to use. I didn't realize how much I didn't really like holding the D4 until I started shooting with the D750. Small, light, unobtrusive! Very nice indeed. That said, once I'm actually in the process of shooting I...
  7. J

Nikon Df + Primes advice...

Get the new 35mm 1.G lens for the DF- should be a killer combo. Very sharp, lightweight.
  8. J

Nikon AF-S 28mm f/1.8G Prime lens: $495.00

Price Bump, now $475.00
  9. J

Nikon D800 Body $1795

Price Bump, now $1695. That's 1/2 price of a D810.
  10. J

Nikon AF-S 28mm f/1.8G Prime lens: $495.00

This is the latest generation of Nikon’s 28mm, the 1.8G. The lens is on the approved list for the D810 and is very sharp on all cameras. Original Purchaser. Babied and used sparingly, like-new condition. Small and light, it’s one of the lenses I’ve used when I need brighter viewing, shallow...
  11. J

Nikon D800 Body $1795

USA Warranty, Mint Condition, Serial# 3002068, Shutter Count: 19, 359 Extremely well taken care of, used mainly as a backup. No visible signs of wear. Sensor: 36.8 megapixel Nikon Expeed 3 image processor Buffer size for 17 RAW or 56 JPEG at max quality More info: read DP Review, D800...
  12. J

D4s... I hate this

My disappoint over the D4 I currently own is the lack of added cross sensors for focus. I really thought that would be part of the upgrade, and believe it's the same as the D4. Which is excellent. Except when it's not, particularly in low light. On the video end Nikon is saying the D4s offers...
  13. J

Nikon 58/1.4g in Hawaii

That's abundantly correct, Vivek. But this is the most relevant thread in terms of useful images to look at the demonstrate well the IQ of this new lens. Of course if you wish to remove the thread please do so.
  14. J

Nikon 58/1.4g in Hawaii

http://neilvn.com/tangents/ Neil does a nice job compare a few night images with the 58 1.4G and the 50 1.4G. Includes sample images to download. Thank you Neil!
  15. J

Nikon 58/1.4g in Hawaii

Thanks Joe for posting, you generous posting and notes helped me decide to order one today. Most likely selling my 1-year old 14mm f/2.8 rectilinear and 50mm 1.4G, once tested, if anyone's interested. I think the lens has enormous potential, but it's one brush you have to learn how to use. I...
  16. J

Nikon 58/1.4g in Hawaii

Joe, with respect here's just a touch of sharpness added to your photo you think demonstrates what the lens can do. Does the added sharpness add to the viewer experience? To me, I personally like the touch more sharpness at the plane of focus (perhaps even less) but would take it all away from...
  17. Touch Of Sharpening Added To Joe Marquez Photo

Touch Of Sharpening Added To Joe Marquez Photo

18. J

Nikon 58/1.4g in Hawaii

Your images are showing what this lens is capable of in experienced hands. Still a touch myopic to my eye- I wish there was that feeling of tack sharpness at 1.4, but I don't think that's what this lens is about. and I think just a touch of sharpening, structure, micro-contrast, et al- would...