The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

Arca rm3di system for sale

Note: I am posting this for a friend. He is a fine art photographer as an avocation, and attorney who has become overly busy with both work and family obligations, and has had to scale down his photographic pursuits. I will field any requests for him and forward, as he is not always able to...
  2. N

Note: I am posting this for a friend. He is a fine art photographer as an avocation, and attorney who has become overly busy with both work and family obligations, and has had to scale down his photographic pursuits. I will field any requests for him and forward, as he is not always able to...
  3. N

As I understand all standard accessories - Shipping to Europe should not be an obstacle - details would need to be worked out ? customs issues?? the body , 120, and 150 are pending finalizing a sale agreement but not concluded yet
  4. N

make offer

make offer
  5. N

6. N

IQ 160 in the cold

Planning trip to Canadian Rockies mid January - yep - the deep freeze. Anyone out there have a real world low temp usability number. Tech sheets cite 14 F but I expect to be colder much of the time. Back will be used cross platform between Arca and Mamiya with a Canon backup apologies if this...
  7. N

Using an IQ back with Live View on a tech cam

expecting my upgrade to IQ 160 to arrive today so enbarking on a new journey - was planning to get either a Cambo or Hoodman sort of focusing loup - the sort for the Canon etc LCD to use on the GG - any reason one could nto be used on this LCD as well ? too much mag ? fit issues ?
  8. N

Schneider Digitar 120mm vs 150mm

using the 120 on arca rm3di - it is sharp to edge of the frame fully shifted - it is a tiny lens and is recessed deeply in the throat of the focusing ring making the controls a bit hard to use and restrciting use of any filter holders at all - not sure how that will play on the cambo - have the...
  9. N

Tech Cams: the choices, which one and why ?

Hate to be late to a dying thread - Despite some anxiety about the Arca RM3Di after demo-ing with the Cambo I made the leap. The overriding considerations were reproducibility / precision of focus point and tilt capbilitities. The Arca focus mount subdivides the helical like no other making...
  10. N

Best Polarizing Filter ?

Late hit - sorry I would never use anything but the Singh-Ray - you can get a large square polarizer that you then rotate the mount if you need it but the "P" series Cokin holder (very cheap) holds the Singh-Ray standard polarizer and with an adapter ring fits lenses up to 82mm filter size -...
  11. N

Phase One KB 1221, Use of Non-retro focus lenses

Will a LLC in C1 correct this optical aberration? Is it worse when the lens is tilted or the back shifted to the edge of the image circle?
  12. N

Tilt focusing for MF

My first post - so here goes. Pardon the typos. Have been using P45 on Phase/Mamiya 645 AF. Helicon focus sometimes works well sometimes too much artifact; definitely too much post processing time. Am in process of researching to buy Arca rm3d or Cambo wrs 1000. Cambo seems easier to use, Arca...