The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Nikon Flash

Jack, Thank you for that user report! Have you consider the Radio Popper(site) alternative before going with PW? Francois
  2. M

Nikon 28mm F1.8 anyone? (samples link)

Dave (D&A), If you look at the women's polo shirt(few pictures higher), you can see "Churros" written on it. That's a spanish pastry. They usually serve them with pourring sugar (powder?) on them or similar alternatives. You can see the jars on the counter for that. I tried that few years ago at...
  3. M

Isn't it strange... no WA lens prime

In December 2005 (or maybe January 2006), Nikon announced the production stop of many lenses mainly in their AI-S line. I gave them about a year to use their production lines to be able to come up with a fix focal length DX WA lens, maybe a 16 2.8 or better a 2.0. Being on January 2012, it means...
  4. M

D800

That's because Nikon is not removing the AA as per say, they are cancelling the effect of stage 1 by using a different filter in stage 2 of a 2 stages optical system. Scroll down on this link to get a nice diagram of it: Rob Galbraith DPI: Announced: Nikon D800 with 36.15 million image pixel sensor
  5. M

SOLD: Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED film scanner

Re: FS: Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED film scanner My aplogies, I'll refrain from doing that again in the future! Francois
  6. M

SOLD: Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED film scanner

Re: FS: Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED film scanner Has the discontinuation of the product really created a so huge increase in the price? It looks to be out of proportion, is there any mistake?
  7. M

New Found Master Street Photographer!

Do you think it may worth travelling to see the exhibition? Francois
  8. M

WTB: Contax T3

PM sent about a black T3.
  9. M

Pentax 645D goes global in December

In the entry level category, you may potentially add the P30+ if the new price is aggressive. The choice might be even tougher! Guy, assuming a good price on the P30+, how would view the P30+ vs H4D-31? Would it be fair to say, that it's probably just a matter of P1 vs Hassy system for these...
  10. M

Photokina Coverage by Capture Integration

I wonder what are those prices? Are they ready? Regards, Francois
  11. M

Leica X1 has new competition

Sweet! UPDATE: Fujifilm has confirmed that the X100 will be available around March 2011, at a price in the region of $1000. Ref.: http://dpreview.com/articles/photokina2010/Fujifilm/ That sounds like a nice competitive price! Whether it is in competition with the X1 or the M9, it is more...
  12. M

I'm in the club!

You don't need a Epson 750. You can go with a 500 or a recently arrived 600. 700 and 750 are only if you want to do LF, 750 with wet mount setup. If you buy a 500 with a good software, you will reach the quality of the 700 and save money. The difference among those Epson scanners would be...
  13. M

S2 Chromatic Aberration - how big an issue is it?

If if I'm right (correct me Guy if mistaken), you have always said that since you analyzed your move to MFDB world, when you've tried any system, when you upgraded and so on, pretty much anytime since you really started to touch any MFDB. At the same time, I remember you saying that lenses are...
  14. M

18mm Zeiss

How is the 2/85 compares to the 90 APO Summicron according to you?
  15. M

You're going the wrong way!!

An alternative is to create a "white room" where you develop the film yourself and scan it. That's exactly what I'm setting up right now. I'm just missing the changing bag and few lab accessories and I'll be good to go soon. It depends if you want to keep the control for the development (or...
  16. M

New Nikon Lenses Announced

BTW for 24mm, a good alternative might be the "soon" to be available Zeiss ZF.2. Zeiss is presently redesigning the lens. If they improve the field curvature on it, it might be a strong contender for IQ, and maybe a better option for my needs!
  17. M

Based on the MTF, don't expect miracles in the corners! The old 24/2.8 is not necessarily a strong performer in digital world! Some zooms set at 24 can beat it! We'll have to wait and see the whole results before being able to make a good assessment.
  18. M

Maybe! Here's the trade-off vs 17-35/2.8 weight: -9% length: +18% + 1mm on wide end + VR aperture: - 1 stop price: at least -22.5% (based on MSRP and B&H for 17-35) We can expect a larger price range with a lower street price on the new lens. It depends where is the priority of the buyer! We...
  19. M

Nikon Digital Rangefinder rumor

All that for just a bunch of Coolpixes! :ROTFL: http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/index.htm Indeed I hope they'll come with something else!