The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Next XT Lenses Announced

Today Phase One has officially confirmed what we have long suspected will be the next three native lenses for the Phase One XT: - Rodenstock 50mm - Rodenstock 90mm - Mid-Long lens TBA We will have pre-order forms up on our website in the next day or so, but our sales team can take your...
  2. D

Phase One XT + Schneider BR Lenses (and other MAM645 lenses)

We have published an initial review of our experience with the new dumb adapter to use Schneider LS BR Lenses with the Phase One XT or Cambo Wide RS bodies. https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/phase-one-xt-and-cambo-wrs-m645-lens-adapter-available-now/
  3. D

Raw file download of DualExposure+ feature (IQ4)

If you’d like to see the pros, cons, improvements, and limitations of capturing in DualExposure+ we have a writeup and free downloadable raws here: https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/dual-exposure/
  4. D

New Phase One Accessories from DT

Three DT Exclusive products now in stock... makes a great stocking stuffer ;D: The DT Dovetail with Compendium Mount for Phase One XT The DT LCD Shade for Phase One IQ The DT Rosewood Grip for the Phase One XT What other accessories for Phase One products would you guys like to see?
  5. D

New Phase One Firmware for IQ, XF, and XT

https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/new-iq-firmware/ - Exposure Changes via Hard Button (ISO on all Bodies, plus Shutter/Aperture on XF and XT) - Virtual Horizon Revamp (All Camera Bodies) - Bracketing via ES in Digital Back (Only available with XT) - Time Lapse in Digital Back (Only available...
  6. D

Phase One XT: The First Modern Field Camera (and X-Shutter and new firmware)

www.PhaseOneXT.com DT Recommended Accessories including DT Exclusive XT Enhancements Post your questions and get immediate answers :).
  7. D

Fun with Frame Averaging Images

I thought I'd start a thread that honors the tradition of the prolific Fun with MF Images and the Technical Camera Images threads. I think the availability of native/simple/fast/easy/gapless/in-camera/raw-file-creating Frame Averaging will completely revolutionize landscape and architectural...
  8. D

Phase One IQ4 - Feature Update 1

The first major update to the Phase One IQ4 is expected to be released to users next week. Called "Creative Control" It brings - Automatic Frame Averaging - Improved storage options - The ability to load custom C1 Styles into the back It also fixes the vertical bug we reported on (thanks to...
  9. D

National Geographic Autochrome Collection

We recently worked together with the National Geographic Society to research proper techniques and standards for the digitization of their Autochrome collection (one of the world's only large collection of this photographic material). I'll admit that, despite having gone to a reputable...
  10. D

Introducing Harper Kay Peterson

I've been off the forum for a couple weeks and am glad to announce the bundle of joy that caused said lapse: I'll be back at work "as usual" starting again tomorrow. Though I may be less likely to make after-hour posts or bat-signal-like response times I've maintained over the last 11 years...
  11. D

IQ4 (12-pin) Tech Camera Cables, In Stock

Our initial shipment sold out quickly, but we have another batch in stock now. 12-Pin Multi Connector to Lens Sync (Phase One IQ4) 12-Pin Multi Connector to Mini Jack Adaptor Cable (Phase One IQ4)
  12. D

April 1 reminder

Especially for those outside the USA where I understand fewer people "celebrate" April Fools Day, here is your reminder to read any usual rumors or news posted today with an elevated level of skepticism. In real news though, my wife and I are expecting a baby girl in mid May. Any and all...
  13. D

IQ4 Firmware Update (1.01)

New firmware (1.01) has been posted. DT will investigate and test immediately. I expect it will be only the low-hanging fruit (i.e. bugs) but will report soon. Do do not miss the important note in the PDF: Please do not interrupt the updating process. Updating can take more than 10 minutes...
  14. D

IQ4 with Copal Shutter - Temporary DT Workaround

DT has developed this as a temporary workaround to use until Phase One ships the new IQ4 multiport-to-sync cable and firmware that supports it. For most kinds of imaging the sensor-based electronic shutter (ES) can be used instead of the Copal shutter. Exceptions include working with strobe on a...
  15. D

Phase One IQ4 Unboxing and UI / Focus Peaking walkthrough

Live View Focus Peaking: https://phaseoneiq4.com/phase-one-iq4-150mp-ui-walkthrough-including-focus-peaking/ IQ4 Unboxing Video: https://phaseoneiq4.com/phase-one-iq4-150mp-unboxing/
  16. D

Test the IQ4 in person

The Phase One IQ4 150mp (final shipping hardware) is en route to our Phase One LA Showroom. Just in time for our IQ4 tour: Nov 7: San Diego Nov 8: Los Angeles Nov 9: San Francisco Nov 10: Seattle Nov 11: Portland Nov 12: Phoenix Nov 13: Denver I'll also be in Ohio for Thanksgiving, with an...
  17. D

Phase One IQ4 Update and Webinar (with a surprise!)

https://phaseoneiq4.com/phase-one-iq4-webinar/
  18. D

DT's IQ4 Tech Camera Test Teaser

The new BSI sensor in the Phase One IQ4 150mp produces dramatically less color cast on tech cameras. DT has recently completed a test with the Rodenstock 32HR and Schneider 43XL on both the IQ4 150mp and IQ3 100mp Trichromatic. Below is a teaser: - Row One: IQ3 100mp with 43XL; 20mm left/right...
  19. D

New IQ4 Feature - Frame Averaging

The Phase One IQ4 may not yet be shipping, but it's already received its first new feature: Frame Averaging. You can read about it here: Phase One IQ4 Frame Averaging. It's likely this feature will be enabled in the pre-production unit that DT will have at Photo Plus Expo in NYC in a couple weeks.
  20. D

New IQ4 150mp Raw Files

Raw files from the Pre-Production Phase One IQ4 150mp Preview Unit Form for free download for the raw files at the bottom. This is just the start of DT's in-house testing.