The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

k-hawinkler

I ran into this problem.

Quote:

”I updated A1 firmware from version 1.32 -> 1.35 -> 2.01 and currently am working on regenerating “My Menu” settings. In doing so I am constantly scrolling through the main menu and I also have been switching the camera on and off a lot.

The problem I encountered now several times is that the A1 would not switch back on, sometimes not even after pulling out the 2 batteries out off the Sony battery grip and reinserting them. When replacing the batteries with fresh and fully loaded ones I noticed that the batteries I just pulled out felt warm to the touch. Waiting awhile before trying to switch the A1 camera back on so far has always been eventually successful. Before this firmware update I never ran into this problem before when building up “My Menu”.

I find this problem pretty bizarre.
Has anyone else ran into this issue?
TIA for a reply.

K-H.”

Knorp

I ran into this problem.

Quote:

”I updated A1 firmware from version 1.32 -> 1.35 -> 2.01 and currently am working on regenerating “My Menu” settings. In doing so I am constantly scrolling through the main menu and I also have been switching the camera on and off a lot.

The problem I encountered now several times is that the A1 would not switch back on, sometimes not even after pulling out the 2 batteries out off the Sony battery grip and reinserting them. When replacing the batteries with fresh and fully loaded ones I noticed that the batteries I just pulled out felt warm to the touch. Waiting awhile before trying to switch the A1 camera back on so far has always been eventually successful. Before this firmware update I never ran into this problem before when building up “My Menu”.

I find this problem pretty bizarre.
Has anyone else ran into this issue?
TIA for a reply.

K-H.”
Mmm, no good.

Knorp

Indeed! :mad:

I'll see how it goes from here.:rolleyes:
Well, I suppose Sony will sort it out soon enough.

Unlike Leica, where the troubles with the M11(-P) continue on end.
Luckily my Silver M11-P seems to be a very rare specimen: that is, one without troubles ... :)
Got it with firmware v2.0.1 onboard and against all advice (!) upgraded to v2.0.2 and it is still working flawlessly ... (touch wood).

All the best.

k-hawinkler

Thank you Bart. I wish you continued good luck.

I have now pretty much completed setting up my A1 under firmware version 2.01.
I still have to look into the manual to polish up on some finer points.
My A1 seems to be in great shape though.

One conclusion I have come to, constantly scrolling through the menus depletes batteries rapidly.
Sometimes after switching the A1 off, one has to give it some rest before one can setch it back on.
I don't expect that to be a problem in regular use for taking pictures.

I updated also the firmware for my FE 100-400/4.5-5.6 GM OSS and FE 200-600/5.6-6.3 G OSS lenses.
Supposedly the 2 OSSs of A1 and Lens are playing more effectively together.
We'll see if I will notice a difference.