The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Clouds still hang over Dachau-WARNING-SOME IMAGES ARE HIGH DESCRIPTIVE AND MIGHT OFFEND.

algrove

The images certainly offend me. Just think, this was the first of many such camps.

If you were on a train and it was diverted to the Dachau Camp this railway switch looks normal (image 2), but the destination was anything but normal. Image 3 shows a track less than 50 meters from the Main Entrance to the camp. Image 4 shows a view of the trail where prisoners were initially forced to walk to the camp from the train station. I saw many of these walls still standing right next to the trail (with a group of students walking the original trail in the background). Behind these walls were the SS barracks and housing where the guards wives and children lived. Nearly across the trail from this image is where the Commandant's house once was which has now been demolished.

The last image tonight is a dark reminder. The weather made it even darker.

B1002538.jpgB1002545.jpgB1002472.jpg

B1002503.jpg

B1002443.jpg

pegelli

Thanks for posting these algrove, they don't offend me and these and many similar pictures need to be shown forever to remind people that violence, war, destruction and genocide is never a real solution and should be avoided at all cost. Hopefully one day humanity will learn that blindly following power hungry fraudulent leaders will never lead to a bright future, only to more atrocities.

spb

Staff member
The images certainly offend me. Just think, this was the first of many such camps.

If you were on a train and it was diverted to the Dachau Camp this railway switch looks normal (image 2), but the destination was anything but normal. Image 3 shows a track less than 50 meters from the Main Entrance to the camp. Image 4 shows a view of the trail where prisoners were initially forced to walk to the camp from the train station. I saw many of these walls still standing right next to the trail (with a group of students walking the original trail in the background). Behind these walls were the SS barracks and housing where the guards wives and children lived. Nearly across the trail from this image is where the Commandant's house once was which has now been demolished.

The last image tonight is a dark reminder. The weather made it even darker.

View attachment 203722View attachment 203723View attachment 203724

View attachment 203726

View attachment 203727
Agreed definitely not offensive. The world today is in a similarly precarious state if all the various zealots win.

algrove

After discussions with my wife, she believes that the world should constantly be reminded of these atrocities. So as this thread continues the images only get more and more sad. PLEASE BE WARE.
Once in the camp this is what you see left ,right, forwards and backwards.

B1002120.jpg
B1002129.jpg
If one made it out of this ditch and over the electrified fence then you would fall into a fast moving creek with a big embankment on the other side.

B1002431.jpg

B1002333.jpg

At the Main Gate these famous words greeted you.
B1002115.jpg

algrove

AS A WARNING TO ALL, THE NEXT FEW SECTIONS GET WORSE AND SICKENING. DO NOT VIEW IF SENSITIVE TO THIS SUBJECT MATTER.

PRISONERS EACH HAD A BED SPACE-NOT A BED.

B1002356.jpg

This is the only remaining structure as all others were torn down where one can see the footing outlines in the ground which go on forever. The trees down the middle of the camp were not there in 1945.

Step1-As a routine all prisoners were subjected to a lime bath in these rooms which opened at both ends.

B1002252.jpg

Step2- Then all selected prisoners had a take a shower after disrobing in the room I am standing inside.
B1002233.jpg

As we now know no one lived after being gassed in the "showers".

B1002159.jpg

A gas nozzle from the ceiling.
B1002163.jpg
The deceased would then be dragged into the next room where all gold fillings would be removed.

B1002166.jpg

After this it appears that the sergeant in charge would determine which bodies went on to the next stage of humiliation.
B1002171.jpg

Attachments

algrove

ONTO THE MOST HORRIFIC IMAGES I HAVE EVER TAKEN IN MY LIFE. Repeat--do not view if sensitive to this subject matter!

No wonder the sergeant had a doorway outside his office as the odors must have been atrocious. As he walked out of his office the dead bodies lay in the room to his right and on his left were the adult gas chambers. Out the doorway and across the yard were the infant gas chambers (next to last image).

B1002179.jpg
B1002185.jpg
B1002183.jpg

B1002257.jpgB1002098.jpg

algrove

What a sad reminder of the history of our world. As you read this please keep in mind it seems that history books seem to be rewritten today where 15 year old students do not really know what happened during WWII. This is the saddest comment I can make.

Sorry for the dust spots on many images, but I just could not spend time looking at them any more for the moment.

Last edited:

JohnBrew

Hi Lou, thanks for posting these images. These images should be FORCED on every Holocaust denier!!
I'm not Jewish, but I practice Judaism! I converted in 2002 but I don't consider myself a Jew as you really have to be born that way.

spb

Staff member
The way the WEF/WHO/UN/EU are today, it would not surprise me that history will see a repetition of such horror we are in equally lunatic times.

iiiNelson

Thanks for sharing. I visited Dachau the first time I visited Germany in June 2010. Many of these pictures are a harsh reminder. I remember a young lady that worked with me that didn’t fully grasp where she was made an ignorant yet naive comment… again because she didn’t realize where she was or the things that took place there.

I agree with your wife that education of all past human atrocities have to continue and not be watered down the further we move away from the “mistakes” of the past. I use quotations because often times people like to absolve the actions simply as ignorance of the time because people truly don’t like to believe how evil that some can choose to be.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Don Libby

Just found this thread as I was searching for other information Leica M related. The images are stunning and equally horrifying. There are many historical places that I've wished to visit this isn't one of them. Thank you for sharing

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Algrove, these are superb images, horrible though the subject is.

I have never understood anti-semitism (or anti-any other ethnicity) although personally I'm an atheist. I wish your pictures could be seen by those consumed with so hatred might really understand what results from it.

JoelM

I'm an atheist jew. We're a large group actually. The pictures and preservation are important just as any human rights atrocity from the great to the small. Unfortunately, as a whole, we are not an honorable creature.