The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coming back to Leica

Don Libby

I keep forgetting to mention this. I have a Lowa 15mm and Mitakon Speedmaster 90mm both of which have the slots milled into the flanges for 6-bit coding.

algrove

Traveling right now, but on FM Fred mentioned a paint he used to 6 bit code lenses so that it would not rub off. It worked. I coded my VM 75/1.5 as a Summilux 75/1.4 and it works flawlessly.

Godfrey

Traveling right now, but on FM Fred mentioned a paint he used to 6 bit code lenses so that it would not rub off. It worked. I coded my VM 75/1.5 as a Summilux 75/1.4 and it works flawlessly.
If the lens mount (or mount adapter) has the flange recesses, any good lacquer paint should work well. I have lacquer paint pens in black and white to do such marking. Once painted, and dried properly, it never wears away and can only be removed with nail polish remover (aka acetone).

G