The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital back for my Hasselblad H4D

necro4130

Hello, I've just got a Hasselblad H4D body, and I'm looking to get a digital back for it. There are so many to pick from. If you have any suggestions, please let me know in the comments below. Thank

B L

I think most H#D bodies go together with backs. H#X are another range of bodies that take different makes of backs. Look to begin with 31MP,40MP,50MP etc.
.PS: Forum member "TechTalk" should be here any moment with expert adcvice.

SylB

I think Steeve Hendrix tested (almost) all possible combinations too... on this forum.

citizin

the 40 is going to be pretty cheap. I personally would look for the 50 ccd or the 60 depending on what you're looking to do for it.

TechTalk

I think most H#D bodies go together with backs. H#X are another range of bodies that take different makes of backs. Look to begin with 31MP,40MP,50MP etc.
.PS: Forum member "TechTalk" should be here any moment with expert adcvice.
Sorry for the slow reply. The combination of time and energy have been too scarce lately for forum activity.

To the best of my knowledge — H3D, H3D II, H4D, and H5D bodies and backs are interchangeable with each other. Some features for matched generations of camera body and back may not be available when combining different generations of backs and bodies.

Hasselblad offered the option of purchasing additional dedicated bodies with factory focus calibration for a specific back. A dedicated body can store and apply focus calibration data for more than one back. Focus calibration is done at the factory using a proprietary calibration process.

The H6D user interface is substantially different from previous generations and I'm not aware of what compatibility may (or may not) exist with prior generations.

H4X, H5X, and H6X camera bodies have additional compatibility with other backs which varies with each model.

Bodies, backs, viewfinders, and lenses should be updated to their latest firmware versions to maximize compatibility. Personally, I would want to test the combination of a body and back of different generations before purchasing or have a reasonable return period for refund should any unanticipated connection issues arise.

• Thanks
Reactions: B L