The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

European architecture, where do I begin?

guphotography

Hi folks,

I'm planning a road trip through France, Switzerland to Northern Italy, then cross Austria, Southwest Germany then Norther France before I cross the channel back to the UK.

I'd like to visit noteble architecture along the way, but how can I search for such information?

Anyone knows a source or two that I can input my location to bring out known buildings in the area?

Many thanks!

anwarp

Most towns have tourist information. You should be able to walk in / call them for information.

My wife and I drive very often through France and Spain. We stop at places that seem interesting. She is very interested in history, and the first thing she usually does is make a beeline to the tourist office.

If you like to photograph older buildings like churches, you can usually see them as you approach the town. Driving off the motorway does make making random stops easier.

usm

Well, that’s a very wide question.
If you can describe what kind of architecture you are interested it would be easier, kind of.

Search engines where you can choose countries or cities:
www.archdaily.com
divisare.com
These two are more for contemporary architecture.
Don’t forget to visit Le Corbusier sites.
The historical stuff is a different story.

But when looking at you website, you already know.